2.2

I walked into the Great Hall to see all the students sitting at their house tables.

"Haylie!" A few students shouted, including Hermione and Ginny.

"Hi", I said with a smile.

I sat with the Professors and my father at the staff table as Dumbledore began his speech.

"Now, we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" Before Dumbledore could finish, Filch ran towards him and whispered something to Dumbledore.

Why the hell did he run like he's running on fire?

Filch ran out of the room and Dumbledore continued. "Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament",Dumbledore said.

I smiled. The students who knew what the Triwizard Tournament was smiled.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not faint-hearted. But more of that later", Dumbledore spoke.

"For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime",Dumbledore said.

A group of girls with blue outfits and hats, walked into the room. They stopped and reached their hands out to the students of Hogwarts and they sighed. They continued walking, but they stopped again to do the same thing.

I snorted. They're a little dramatic, if you ask me. Father elbowed me in the arm, but that just made me giggle.

The Headmistress of Beauxbatons walked into the room. The Headmistress looked like she was a few inches taller than Hagrid.

The boys cheered loudly for the ladies. Well, there's goes our boys' common sense.

"And now our friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff", Dumbledore said.

A group of men came into the room, banging their staffs on the ground. Then, their staffs landed in the other hand as they grunt.

They banged their staffs on the ground and twirled them like bo staffs.

There goes our girls' common sense...and our floors.

They ran towards the front of the room and performed flips. I rolled my eyes. Still dramatic, but at least they involved fire. Two men and a girl came into the room.

One of them, I recognized as Viktor Krum, a famous Quidditch player. Beside him was the Headmaster of Durmstrang, Igor Karkaroff. When I saw the girl, I smiled.

"Albus!" Igor said. He hugged Dumbledore.

"Igor", Dumbledore said.

I looked at Father. He didn't look happy to see Karkaroff.

"Is there anyone you don't hate?" I asked Father.

"Yes. There's you", Dad said.

"Anyone else?" I asked.

There was silence. Dad was pretending he was thinking, but I knew he already had his answer.

"No", Father says. I rolled my eyes. "Just you. And Lila".

The girl walked towards us. "Sister", Lila said.

"Sister", I said. I hugged my little sister.

Dumbledore walked over to us with Igor Karkaroff and Viktor Krum. Igor glared at my father.

"Igor, Viktor. This is Haylie Snape. She's going to be one of the judges for the Tournament", Dumbledore said.

I shook Krum's hand. "Hi. Welcome", I said as polite as I could. I can not be polite for so long. All that kindness frys my brain.

"You must be Lila's sister. It's good to finally meet you", Krum said. He kissed my hand.

I shook Karkaroff's hand. He looked at me with a stern look. He pulled my hand closer to him. He turned my hand. Karkaroff looked at my wrist.

"She doesn't have it", Dumbledore said.

I looked at Dumbledore. Then, at Karkaroff. What did he believe was on my arm?

I snatched my arm away from Karkaroff. Dad pulled me down to my seat. Dumbledore introduced Karkaroff to the rest of the staff.