3.5

"The mission was a fail", Mad-eye told Shacklebolt and Sirius when we got to Grimmaulds Place.

"Let's not give up hope yet. We just need to figure out where we can find him", I said. I was relieved to be out of that dress and into a different outfit.

 I was relieved to be out of that dress and into a different outfit

"That man, the one who stabbed Haylie", Remus started. I noticed Sirius clenched his fist. "He had this". Remus sat down the bottle of venom onto the dining room table. He continued stitching my wound.

Sirius grabbed the bottle of poison. "It's all in Latin", Sirius said. "Venenum. Admonitio: Noli bibere liquidum. Haec potio potest causare problems".

"You can read Latin?" Tonks asked.

"You can read?" I asked teasingly.

There was silence except for Remus's and Tonks' laughter. Sirius looks up from the bottle. His eyes landed on me.

"That's cold, Haylie", Sirius said, a bit amused. I smiled.

"Would you two take your job seriously?" Mad-eye asked.

"So, to translate, 'Poison. Do not drink liquid. Potion can cause problems", Kingsley Shacklebolt said.

"What kind of problems?" Remus asked.

"The man at the counter said the symptoms wouldn't start until 2 weeks after you've taken the poison. Then, your body gets weaker as you slowly die for 42 hours", I explained to the group.

I shuddered at the thought. I knew only Remus noticed when he looked at me with concern.

"So there's no cure", Sirius says.

"We don't know that. But I reckon the man we locked in our house knows", I said.

"You locked him up in your house?" Remus asked.

"Yes, RJ. Where else are we going to send him? Azkaban?" I asked.

"She's right. The Ministry isn't on our side in this one. We can't let them know about the Order", Mad-eye said.

"You could let me or Tonks torture the truth out of him", I said.

"No", Kingsley and Sirius said in unison.

"Haylie, you're thinking like your father. You know that's not how we handle a situation", Mad-eye said.

Was I really too much like my father?

I avoided eye contact with anyone. Ever since I found out my father used to be a Death Eater, I had this fear of turning evil.

"Haylie, you're the best of the best, but we need you to think for yourself", Mad-eye said. I nodded with understanding and a bit of agreement.

I love my dad, but I'm not trying to fall to the dark side.

Finally finished stitching my wound, Remus sat beside me.

"Kingsley and I are going to talk to that man, whoever he is", Mad-eye said.

As Kingsley got up, Sirius and Tonks sat next to me and Remus.

"Imagine his name is Shawty", Tonks said. I laughed. Sirius and Remus couldn't help but laugh too.

The four of us were whacked in the head by Mad-eye's staff.

"And here I thought you and Sirius were the responsible ones", Mad-eye said to Remus.

"Oh no, they're bigger crackheads than us", I said. Tonks laughed.

"Yeah, she's right", Sirius said.

Mad-eye whacked me, Sirius and Tonks with his cane. Then, he hit Lupin. Mad-eye walked out of the room with Kingsley.

"Tough crowd", I said. Tonks nodded.

"No humor", Tonks said in agreement. She looked at me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"You seemed a bit sad when Mad-eye said you were thinking like Severus", Tonks said.

"It's nothing. I just don't want to fall to the Dark Side or anything", I said. Sirius and Remus looked at each other. "It's nothing, really. It's stupid".

"I don't find it stupid", Sirius said.

"Well, as it turns out, both my parents were Death Eaters. So where does that lead me?" I asked.

"Haylie, I know you. You're not going to become a bad person", Remus said.

"So, are you feeling better? Are you feeling uncomfortable?" Sirius asked me.

"Sirius, don't do that. Don't become paranoid. I'm fine", I said.

"Yes, but the posion-"

"Was never opened. I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about", I said. "I'm going to bed. I don't know if anyone is going to join me".

"Haylie!" Remus, Sirius and Tonks shouted.

"What?" I asked, looking at the three of them, confused.

"Haylie, we're all virgins and we'd like to keep it that way", Tonks said.

"What are you-" Then, I realized what they were freaking out about. My eyes widened in shock. "I didn't mean it like that! I meant, is anyone else going to bed early".

"Oh", the three of said.

"You need to get to bed, all of you. Dirty minds", I said.

"You made it weird", Tonks argued.

"I was thinking normally and then you went there", I said as I walked to my room. "Idiots".

"Love you too!" Tonks called out.