5.4

It had been a month since the wedding. It was now September 10 and everything at Hogwarts has been...depressing.

I miss Dumbledore.

I woke up in my old room early in the morning. I snuck into the kitchen. I grabbed bread, chicken and water.

I snuck to the dungeon where Dumbledore's Army was sleeping.

Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were sleeping in Dungeons. Most of Dumbledore's Army slept in the same room. The rest of their members had to sneak in from time to time.

I don't think the Death Eaters noticed the rest of Dumbledore's Army sneak in and spend the night last night.

Anyways, I snuck in and closed the door. Everyone was asleep. Some stomachs were growling.

"Wake up. I brought breakfast", I said, shaking people awake. Once I had gotten everyone awake, I gave everyone their breakfast.

As I watched everyone eat, I touched my stomach. I was thinking about Sirius again. I was worried what might happen if I fail to protect Sirius and the baby.

"Are you alright, Haylie?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah", I lied.

I looked at the ground, not meeting anyone's gaze.

"What do you think is wrong with her?" Seamus asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Luna asked.

"She misses him. She misses Sirius and she's worried about the baby", Dean said.

They aren't wrong.

"Is there anything we can do to cheer her up?" Luna asked.

"I'm not sure. What do we do?" Cho asked.

I wanted to look up, but I knew that if I did, I would meet the gaze of Luna, Seamus, Dean, Cho, Neville, Ginny and Colin.

I felt like crying so I went into a corner and sat on the ground. I cried softly.

If anything happened to Sirius or my baby, I would never forgive myself.

Neville walked over to me. He sat next to me. "You miss him, don't you?" Neville asked. I nodded. "Is there any way we can make you feel better?"

"I don't know", I said.

Ginny and Neville looked at each other. Ginny walked towards us. "Things are going to get better", Ginny said.

"What if they don't?" I asked.

"Don't think like that, Haylie", Neville said. "You know we wouldn't let anything happen to you both".

"It's not myself I'm worried about. I'm worried for all of you. And the baby", I said.

"These are hard times, but you should smile more often", Neville said. "You look great when you smile".

"Thank you", I said. "I should get back to my room. You know the rules".

In order for me to visit Ginny, Neville, Luna and the rest of Dumbledore's army, we had to set some rules.

--

I spent most of my day in my room like some sort of prisoner. A prisoner in a black dress.

I touched my baby stomach and hummed to my baby

I touched my baby stomach and hummed to my baby. Boy or Girl. There was a knock on my bedroom door.

I got up and opened it. My father walked into the room. He closed the door behind him.

Before, I always felt like my day was going to be the best day whenever I was around Dad. Now, I felt uneasy.

"Don't hate me, Haylie", Dad said.

"Why did you kill Dumbledore. Of all people?" I asked. "He trusted you! I saw how you looked him in the eye and killed him!"

"Haylie, I noticed how you behaved when you were around Dumbledore. You hated him!"

I shook my head. Dumbledore and I didn't always get along. That doesn't mean I hated him.

"I cared about Dumbledore! He cared me! He was family to me. Yes, I disagreed and argued with him, but that's what family does", I argued.

"I didn't want you to see any of that. I wish I could tell you the truth, Haylie", Father said.

I looked at him in confusion. What truth? Obviously, he wasn't going to tell me so I was going to have to force it out of him.

I quickly pulled out my wand. Before Dad could react, I shouted, "Legilimens!"

I heard Dumbledore's voice.

"...you'll have to be the one to kill me".

I gasped. I don't remember letting go of my wand, but there it was, falling to the ground.

"You're...you're a spy?" I asked.

"Shh", Dad shushed softly. "Not out loud".

"You could've told me. I wouldn't have told anyone. I'm not going to tell anyone", I said softly. "I thought you betrayed us".

"I'm sorry", Dad said.

"No, don't apologize. Don't apologize", I said, wrapping him into a hug. "Don't apologize. I shouldn't have doubted you".

"Haylie, whether I am a Death Eater or Order member, spy or not, I will protect you. I will always protect you. You are my daughter and I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice my life for yours. I love you. Always".

"I love you too, Dad".

After hugging for what seemed like forever, we let go of each other. I looked at a letter in his hands.

"This came for you this morning", he said, handing me the letter.

I took the letter and opened it. I started reading.

Dear Haylie,

Me and my Husband has decided to invite you to our home for dinner tomorrow evening. Though you and my cousin haven't officially married yet, you are apart of the family now. We would be happy to have you here.

-Sincerely, Narcissa

"I can't allow you to go by yourself and give you an opportunity to escape. It will look suspicious. If you would like to go, I'll take you there myself", Father said.

I sighed. I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

"I guess I'm having dinner with the in-laws".