4.4

A few weeks later, I woke up and went downstairs. I saw Sirius sitting at the table, reading the Daily Prophet.

I came up behind him and hugged him. I placed a kiss on his head. "What are you reading?" I asked.

"It says here that 5 muggle families were killed", Sirius said. "And Fenrir Greyback, the werewolf, was sighted last night in Diagon Alley".

"Oh", I said. My hand started trembling. Sirius puts his hand over mine.

"Hopefully it will all be over soon", Sirius said.

"We don't know how long this is going to last. It may take years", I said. "Who's going to be next? You? Lila? Dad? Tonks? Remus?"

"Haylie, you're thinking negatively", Sirius said.

"With all the killings and disappearances, can you blame me?" I asked. I sat down next to Sirius.

"I know these are scary times, but we have to be brave".

"I can barely sleep at night, Sirius. We never know what's going to happen next. I'm afraid", I said.

"It's alright to be afraid. But the Order is making sure nothing happens to Lila. Tonks and your father is at Hogwarts which is taking safety percussion. And Remus will be here most of the time with you and I".

"That does put me at ease, but I'm still worried sick", I said.

"Why don't you go upstairs and get some more sleep. I'll let you know when breakfast is ready", Sirius said.

I kissed him on the lips before I got up and went upstairs.

--

After having breakfast, Molly came over to Grimmaulds Place with Arthur and Bill. They walked in me brushing Sirius's hair as he complained.

"Haylie, it's fine!" Sirius complained.

"If it was fine, the brush would go through your hair without getting caught", I argued.

"Have you decided where the wedding is going to be?" Molly asked.

"Well, Remus has offered to open up his place for the wedding. We were thinking of having it there", I said.

"And have you picked out a wedding dress?" Molly asked.

"No", I said.

"Well, I've arranged a day for us so we can get your dress", Molly said.

"Great. That means Haylie will stop pulling my hair", Sirius said.

I tried to brush his hair, pulling the brush through his hair.

"Aah! Haylie!" Sirius shouted.

"Oops", I said sarcastically. I set the brush on the table. "God damn. We're going to see what grease does".

"No, we're not", Sirius argued.

"Your hair is a forest! Do you really want to argue? I mean, yes, it's cute and all, but I think it will look better if you put effort into it", I argued.

"You can get back to that later. We must find you a dress for your wedding", Molly said eagerly.

"But what is Sirius going to do?"

"Bill and I will be with him", Arthur said.

"We'll make sure he has something to wear at the wedding", Bill said.

"Thank you. Oh, and make sure his hair is untangled", I said quickly as Molly pulled me out of the kitchen.

--

At the Burrow, Molly pulled out a few options for wedding dresses. They were all beautiful, but I felt like none of them were right.

"You won't know until you try them on", Molly said.

I took one of the dresses and went into the bathroom to change. I came out, wearing the dress.

"You look beautiful, Haylie", Molly said.

"I don't know. This dress feels like it's cutting my waist", I said. I put my hand on my waist. I felt something wet where the sharp pain was.

"Molly, did this dress actually cut my waist?" I asked.

"Oh my dear!" Molly gasped. "Haylie, do not panic".

"I'm not panicking", I said calmly.

"Seriously, don't panic", Molly said.

"No, Siriusly, I'm not panicking", I said.

"Put pressure on that wound, change out of this dress, I'll get the first aid kit", Molly said. I could tell she was trying not to panic.

After taking out the dress and cleaning up my wound, I tried on another dress.

"Molly, I can't breathe. I don't think this is the one", I said. I sat down on the couch, feeling like I was getting the air squeezed out of me

"Try this one on, Haylie. I think this one may be it", Molly said.

I went back into the bathroom to try on another dress. When I got out of the bathroom, I saw Molly speaking to Tonks.

"Tonks. You're here!" I happily said.

"Of course", Tonks said as she hugged me. "Did you really think I'd miss the opportunity of helping my best friend getting prepared for her special day? I brought you a dress".

I opened the bag. "I know it's not much", Tonks said.

"This is perfect", I said. I went into the bathroom. I came out, wearing the dress.

"How do you feel, dear?" Molly asked.

I looked at myself. True, the dress wasn't as fancy as most wedding dresses, but to me, it was perfect.

"I think this is the one", I said.

I went back into the bathroom and changed out of my dress. I changed back into my regular clothes.

"Are you going to be at the wedding?" I asked.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. When is it? Where is it?" Tonks asked.

"June 16 at Remus's house", I said.

Tonks didn't say anything. She suddenly looked uneasy. Finally, she said, "I don't think I'll be able to come".

"Why not?" I asked.

"I...I should go", Tonks said.

"Tonks!" I shouted, but she was already out the door.