4.9

On the day after Dumbledore's funeral, I woke up with a numbness. And morning sickness.

I walked downstairs. I got into the Dining room to see Remus reading the Daily Prophet. Of course, it was about Dumbledore's death.

I almost tripped as I came into the room which made Remus look up from the paper.

I think Tonks' clumsiness is rubbing off on me.

"Good morning", I said. I still sounded down. I mean, after what happened yesterday, can you blame me?

I had to say goodbye to Albus Dumbledore. I'll admit, sometimes I didn't agree with Dumbledore and I thought he was making terrible decisions, but that doesn't mean he wasn't like family. He was there for me at Hogwarts even though I was a Slytherin.

"Good morning, Hayles", Remus said.

"Where's Sirius and Tonks?" I asked.

"They're on a mission with Mad-eye. They should be back shortly. How are you feeling?" Remus asked.

"Sad and...this weird feeling of morning sickness", I said.

"I could make you some breakfast. Maybe-"

I turned away and started puking. When it had stopped, I leaned against the doorway.

"Haylie", Remus said. He stood up.

"It's probably the butterbeer I drank yesterday", I said. I cleared my throat. Part of me was hoping it wasn't another poison.

"Possibly. Come sit down. I'll make you breakfast", Remus said.

I sat at the table. "Or maybe it's grief. I always feel a sickness when I feel like everything is hopeless", I said.

Remus looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry, Haylie. I know this is hard for you. Is there anything I can do to help you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Thank you, though", I said.

For the past few minutes, I thought about what could've made me sick. Then, I had an idea as to what it was.

My heart skipped a beat. There's no way. Is this even possible? I mean, I guess it is possible.

"Lupin", I said. I didn't mean to sound so panicked.

Remus came out of the kitchen. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I...I think I'm...actually, I know that I'm uh...how do I say this?"

"Do you think you need to go to St. Mungo's?" Remus asked.

I nodded. "I'll get dressed", I said.

--

After getting dressed, Remus and I went to St. Mungo's. I told the doctor what I thought might be the problem.

After taking a test, I laid in a hospital bed which gave me flashbacks to when I was poisoned.

"What do you think it is?" Remus asked.

"I have an idea and I'm not sure if I want to be right or wrong", I said. "I could be wrong though. I don't think it's another poison".

"What do you think it is?" Remus asked.

"I have a theory", Was my reply.

"Is it something I should be concerned about, Haylie?" Remus asked.

"No. I'm fine. Or, I believe I'm fine. Honestly. If I'm wrong, it really could be the Butterbeer from yesterday", I said.

I knew it was suspenseful for Remus because something was possibly wrong with me and he didn't know how to help me.

But I feel like it was more suspenseful for me because I didn't know how to feel if I was right or wrong.

The healer came back into the room. She looked at me. I felt my heart racing. I took a deep breath. If my theory was correct, I'm not sure if I would be happy or worried. Or both.

Finally, the healer spoke. "It's a positive".

I looked at her in shock. "What's a positive?" Remus asked. I didn't say anything. Remus looked at me. "Hayles, what's a positive?"

"Do you want me to tell him?" The Healer asked.

"I...I..." Not being able to get my words out, I nodded.

The Healer looked at Remus. "She's going to have a baby", she said.