2.10

It was the day of the Third task of the Triwizard Tournament. I spent most of the week avoiding Cho and Cedric.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory..." Me and the Hufflepuffs cheered. I noticed my sister cheered too. "...and Mr. Potter..." Gryffindor cheered. "...tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum..." Drumstrang cheered. "Miss Delacour". Beauxbatons cheered.

"First to touch the cup will be the winner", Dumbledore said. Everyone cheered. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she needs to send up red sparks with their wand".  Dumbledore turned to the four contestants. "Contestants, gather around. Quickly". The four of them walked towards Dumbledore and he spoke to them.

After the champions spoke with Dumbledore, we all cheered. Then, the contestants were off. They went into the maze and then the entrance closed. Here comes another long wait.

--

Later into the match, I saw Cho glanced at me. I got up and tried to walk away from the stadium, but Cho caught up to me.

"Haylie", Cho said.

I turned around to look at Cho. I knew it was going to be one of those, "Don't steal my man or else you'll make an enemy" talks.

"I know what you're going to say. And I have no intention of stealing Cedric from you. He loves you. Not me. And if he's happy, I'm happy", I said.

"Actually, I was going to ask why you did it, but I guess I know", Cho said. "I don't know what to say".

"Be angry at me. I deserve it", I said.

"No, you don't", Cho said.

She's nice too? She really is the better option for Cedric. She is a kind, beautiful, Ravenclaw and I'm just a Slytherin.

"I hope you find someone", Cho says.

"There's one guy, but it's just a small crush. And that's all it'll ever be", I said.

"Maybe not. Maybe he likes you too".

But a girl could only dream.

Cho went back to her seat. I stood beside Professor Mcgonagall and Dad.

Harry and Cedric appeared in front of everyone. Everyone cheered. But I noticed something was not right. Dumbledore and some of the Professors ran towards them.

The band stopped playing. Everyone was starting to realize something is wrong. Everyone got in the way. I couldn't see what was wrong.

A man walked towards me, Professor Mcgonagall and Dad. "Keep everyone in their seats. A boy's just been killed", he said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Let me through. Let me through!" Amos shouted as he tried to walked past the crowd. He ran towards Harry and Cedric.

"That's my son! That's my boy", Amos said as he cried.

I shook my head. "No", I said. I ran towards the crowd of Teachers and students.

I saw Amos Diggory and Harry crying next to Cedric's dead body.

"No, no. No. No. No. No. No, no, no", I said in an unsteady voice. Professor Mcgonagall pulled me away from the body.

"Shh", She said softly, but I continued my constant words of denial.

"No. No. No. No", I sobbed.

"Haylie", My father said. Father held me close. I sobbed into his shoulder.

"No", I sobbed.

"Severus, Minerva. Come with me. I'll have Madame Pomfrey take Haylie away to the Hospital Wing to calm her down", Dumbledore said.

Father let go of me with hesitation. Madame Pomfrey wrapped an arm around me and led me to the Hospital Wing.

--

I sat in silence in the Hospital Wing, feeling numb. The doors opened. Hermione and Ron entered the room with a woman and a young man.

I wiped away my tears, but more came. I looked at the ground, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Haylie", Hermione said.

I looked up from the ground. Hermione stood in front of me. Her and Ron hugged me.

"I'm so sorry", Hermione said.

"Hello, you must be Haylie", The woman said. I nodded. "I'm Molly".

"Nice to meet you, Molly", I said.

"I'm Bill. Bill Weasley", the man said, shaking my hand. "I'm sorry about your friend".

"Is there anything we can do to cheer you up?" Hermione asked.

I shook my head. "Unless I can get a dog or get Cedric back, I don't think there's anything you can do, but thanks anyways", I said.

"How close were you with Cedric?" Ron asked.

"Ron, don't get into her personal life", Hermione said.

"It's fine", I said. "Cedric and I were friends. We've always been friends, but I sort of fancied him".

The doors opened, Dumbledore and Harry walked into the room with a Black dog.

Wait, is that...

"Padfoot?" I asked in a soft voice.

The Black dog walked ahead of Harry and Dumbledore. It approached me. Seeing him here made me really happy.

"Harry", Molly said.

"It looks like you got your dog after all, Haylie", Bill said to me.

I nodded. Harry laid on the bed next to me. I scratched behind the Black dog's ears.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you", I said to Sirius.

Madame Pomfrey walked towards us with a small bottle. "Ooh, what's that?" I asked.

"You need to drink all of this. It's a potion for dreamless sleep", Madame Pomfrey said.

"Couldn't offer it 5 months ago?" I asked in a soft voice.

Harry took the potion and drank most of it. Then, he fell to sleep.

"May I have some of that?" I asked Madame Pomfrey. She nodded. Madame Pomfrey walked away.

Dumbledore walked out of the room. Lila ran into the room after he had left.

"Lila", I said.

"Haylie", Lila said. She ran towards me. Padfoot tried to jump onto Lila.

"Hey, hey. No. Down", I said. The Black dog calmed down and walked over to me. Lila wrapped her arms around me.

"Me paenitet, soror", Lila said. "About Cedric".

"Thank you", I said.

Madame Pomfrey came back with more of the potion.

"Thank you", I said. I gulped down the potion. And before I could finish, I laid my head on Harry's bed and drifted to sleep.