1.3

With no trip to Hogsmeade for me, it was quite boring here at Hogwarts. It was finally Hogsmeade weekend. That means I had a whole day of no one staring at me as I pass. Well, there was still 1st and 2nd years.

I sat in my room, brushing the red hair which I inherited from my mother.

I left my room at last. I walked through the castle and lost track of time. Then I had remembered...

Shit. I have to get Knotgrass for Dad's storage closet.

I turned a corner and almost bumped into Remus Lupin. Standing beside him was Harry Potter.

"Haylie, hi", Remus said.

"Hi", I said.

"I haven't seen you in a while", Remus said.

"Well it's hard to go anywhere without everyone staring at you", I said.

"I see", Remus said. "Oh, have you met Harry yet?"

"I have not", I said.

"Harry, this is Haylie Snape. She'll be staying here at Hogwarts until Sirius Black is captured", Remus said.

I shook Harry's hand. "Mr. Potter, pleasure", I said. I looked at Remus. "Do you have any idea as to where the storage room is? Father needs more Knotgrass"

"I believe it's down in the dungeon. The first door to your left", Remus said.

"Thank you", I said. Letting go of Harry's hand, I walked down to the dungeon.

After gathering up the Knotgrass, I walked back to my father's private supply closet. On my way back, someone ran into me.

We both slammed into the ground. The container that I was holding, shattered. Knotgrass was scattered everywhere.

I groaned in pain. I looked at the man. He had a hood on his head. He looked at the ground. So I couldn't see his face.

I looked at the broken container. I looked at the stranger. "Do you know how long it took to get this? Are you alright?" I asked. The stranger nodded.

I grabbed the broken pieces of the container. "Shit, Dad's going to kill me", I said. The stranger looked at me. His hood was over his face. "Knotgrass was very hard to find. I hope polyjuice potion still works whilst shards cut your insides".

I picked up the pieces of Knotgrass. The stranger stared at me. I finally looked at him and glared.

"Would you stop staring at me? This is why I stay in my room! Everyone stares at me and the next person that does it will get punched in the face!" I said angrily.

I continued picking up the Knotgrass. I heard the stranger say softly, "Lily?". I looked at the mysterious man. Under his hood, I saw an expression of stunned shock.

I looked around only to see that no one was here. Just me and the mystery guy.

I looked at him. "No. I...I'm Haylie", I said.

"Oh. Well...yes, I suppose you do have different faces...and a different voice", the man said. He sounded sad.

"Were you close with Lily?" I asked.

"Oh yes. We were close", the man said. "We weren't a thing, but she was my friend".

"I...I'm sorry about your friend, but I do have to ask you who you are", I said. The man didn't answer. I reached towards his hood. Before I could pull it off, the man ran.

"Wait!" I shouted. I bolted after him.

He turned different corners, trying to loose me. I turned a corner, but instead of the mystery guy, I ran into Lupin.

We both fell to the ground. "Lupin, Lupin! There was this man and he knocked into me and I couldn't see his face and he-" I said quickly.

"Haylie, slow down. Take a deep breath and tell me what happened", Lupin said.

"I saw a man a-and I couldn't see his face. When I asked him who he was, he ran", I said. "And he thought I was someone named Lily".

"I mean you do have the same hair", Remus said.

Wait, Remus knew her too?

"Yes, I knew her", Remus said. It was like he read my mind. "I'll go find Professor Dumbledore. You go to your father and tell him what happened".

Remus and I ran our separate ways. I ran into the Potions classroom to see father sitting at his desk. He was reading the new Daily Prophet.

"Dad!" I shouted.

Father looked up from the article he was reading. He stood up quickly.

"What's wrong?" Father asked.

"I think I saw Sirius Black", I said. And I explained everything.