3.1

Our letter from Dumbledore finally arrived. Tonks was with Mad-eye so me, Lila and my father went to Grimmaulds Place, the new Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

We arrived at Grimmaulds Place. My father looked at me suspiciously. I already knew what he was going to ask me.

"I want you to stay away from Black", Father said.

"He's my friend. That's all we are. I know what happened between you and Sirius and James Potter, but Sirius has changed", I said. "And I don't want to argue, Dad, but I'm grown. I can be friends with whoever I want".

I walked ahead, to the building. Lila ran after me and walked beside me.

Me, Lila and Dad got into the building. I looked at my surroundings, taking in the image of this dark place. I found parts of it kind of...beautiful.

"This place is amazing. Isn't it amazing, Dad?" Lila asked. Dad didn't say anything. "Sorry I asked".

"I wonder what it looks like outside", Lila said, running towards the curtains on the wall. She opened the curtains.

There was a shriek that almost knocked me to the ground. Lila stood away from the screaming portrait, terrified.

"Filthy Mudbloods and Halfblood Scum! Stinking Halfbreeds and Filthy impure bloods dare to enter the house of my family!" The lady in the portrait shouted.

"Do you ever shut up?"

The portrait's curtains closed. I turned around to see Sirius Black and Remus Lupin.

"Hey. Uh, I think your portrait needs therapy", I said. Lila nodded in agreement.

"Yes, perhaps she does. Sorry about my mother", Sirius said.

"That's your mom? She looks as old as you", Lila said.

"Lila", I said, glaring at my sister.

Sirius chuckled. "It's fine", he said.

"The place looks great. You look great. Both of you", I said.

"Thank you", Sirius said. "You look gorgeous".

"Thank you", I said.

Me and Sirius hugged each other. I could tell by my father's silence and intense glaring that he did not approve.

I hugged Remus, which my father didn't approve of also.

Sirius and Remus led us into the kitchen. Me and Lila sat at the table with them, but Dad refused to sit at a table with Sirius and Remus.

"So, besides being our new headquarters, what is this place?" I asked.

"This is where Sirius grew up", Remus said.

"Oh", I said. I know Sirius didn't have any an easy childhood. And if Sirius running away from home at 16 years old wasn't proof enough, what was?

"How long have you two been staying here?" I asked.

"3 days. I thought with me staying here, it would make it easier for Sirius, but I must leave tonight. The full moon is tomorrow night", Remus said.

"You're a werewolf? What's it like?" Lila asked.

Me and Sirius looked at each other. "It's very painful. Not a life you would want", Remus said.

I looked over at Dad, who seemed awfully quiet. He stood behind Lila's seat. He was still glaring at Sirius and Remus.

I looked back at Lila, Remus and Sirius. "So, Lila, do you like to punch people like your sister?" Remus asked.

"Punching and slapping is more Dad and Haylie's hobby. She loves to punch people", Lila said.

"Oh, I know", Sirius said. "I remember the first punch I got. And the second and third and fourth".

I laughed. Lila smiled. "Yeah, Lila likes to bite things, but her favorite thing to bite is-"

"Aah! Lila!" My father shouted, cutting me off. He snatched his hand out of Lila's mouth. Sirius laughed.

"She likes to bite people, mostly Dad", I said. Me and Sirius laughed.

The door bell rang. We heard the sound of Walburga Black's portrait screaming.

"Filthy little Mudbloods and Blood traitor filth! Begone with you, you insulting skum!"

"I told them not to use the doorbell", Sirius said, obviously annoyed. He got up and walked out of the kitchen.

After the portrait was silenced, Sirius came into the kitchen with the Weasleys and Hermione.

"Where's Fred?" Lila asked. Everyone looked at her. "And George?" Lila added.

The twins appeared behind Lila. She turned around. "Fred! George!" Lila shouted excitedly. She hugged one of the twins.

"Haylie", the other twin says. He pulled out what looked like a crystal. "This is darkness powder".

"It's a product from George and I's shop", The twin hugging Lila said. I'm guessing that's Fred, the Twin Lila fancies.

"Here", I said, giving George money. He gave me the Darkness powder and grabbed the money.

Fred looked over George's shoulder. They looked at the money. Then, they looked at me in shock.

"18 gallons?" Fred and George asked.

"Yeah", I said.

"We can't except this", George said.

"Yes, you can".

"I don't know", Fred said.

"Yeah, it's a lot of money", George said.

"Please. Take it, you numb skulls. You deserve it more than I. It's yours", I said.

"Thank you, Haylie", Fred said.

Molly, Remus and Sirius smiled.

"I'll show the children to their rooms", Sirius said.

"Lila will not be staying here. Nor will Haylie. They will be coming back with me", Father said.

"No, I'm not. I have my own place now. I'm old enough to stay wherever I want. You can't keep treating me like a kid, Dad", I said.

"Can I please stay here?" Lila asked.

"Absolutely not", Father snapped.

"But I want to stay here with Sirius and Remus. They're pretty cool", Lila said.

I could tell Dad was triggered. His face twitched with anger. "Whatever team Dumbledore's forming, it's going to be one hell of a team", I said. I looked at Remus and nodded my head towards the stairs.

I knew he understood when he nodded. Remus got up to lead the Weasley children and Hermione upstairs.

"See here, Lila Eileen Snape, your sister may be grown and irresponsible, but you are still under my care-"

"Dad!" I snapped. Dad looked at me. "Maybe don't argue while everyone's in here". I looked at Lila. "I think you should go home with Dad. You'll stay over another time".

Lila walked out of the room. I got up from my seat. "I know you two have a grudge against each other, but we're on the same side now. I don't care how much you hate each other. Don't bring Lila into the middle of it", I said, looking at my Father and Sirius.

I walked out of the room to check on Lila.