5.12

A few weeks after the wedding, I got up to cook breakfast. As we ate breakfast, Sirius read the Daily Prophet.

"Any bodies in an attic?" Jaden asked. Me, Sirius, Remus and Tonks looked at him.

"Did you tell him to say that?" Remus asked me.

"I didn't", I said. "I am so proud!" I hugged Jaden.

"Haylie, no", Sirius said.

"What?" I asked.

"You two are not going to go looking for dead bodies in attics", Sirius said.

"Why?" Me and Jaden asked in unison.

"Haylie, don't encourage him".

"Just because I'm a parent now, doesn't mean I can't search for attic bodies", I said.

"Of course you would call them attic bodies", Tonks said.

"Like I'd call them something else", I said.

"I'm going back to bed. The Baby is getting sleepy", Tonks said. She got up and walked into her's and Remus's room.

I drifted into my thoughts. I thought about Elora.

"Hayles", Sirius said. I looked at him. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. I forced a smile which quickly faded. "I should get back to bed as well", I said. I got up.

"Haylie, are you sure you're alright? It's okay if you're not. You're going through a lot", Remus said.

"I'm fine, RJ", I lied.

I went into mine's and Sirius's bedroom. I closed the door and went back into bed.

I sighed deeply as I laid in bed. All I could think about was my baby and how much I miss her.

When I held Elora in my arm, I just fell in love. And now, I would kill just to see her again.

This pain, it made love feel like a curse.

I drifted to sleep after what felt like hours of thinking. Then, I woke up to a knock on my door.

The door opened. "Haylie", Sirius said. I sat up and looked at him. "Are you alright?"

"We're separated from our daughter. How can I okay?" I asked. "At first, I was with the baby, but I was separated from you. And now, we're together, but we have to be separated from her. And what's worse, you've had so little time with her".

"Come on. I have something set up for us", Sirius said.

I got out of bed. We walked into the living room. I saw rose pedals on the ground and there was music playing.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"I thought we could dance our worries away", Sirius said.

I chuckled lightly. "Sirius, I'm not a dancer", I said.

"You're amazing at it, Haylie", Sirius said.

We stood in the middle of the room as the music playing. We slow danced to the music.

"Hey, little train. We're jumping on", I sang softly. I stopped and kept my mouth shut.

"Keep going. You're doing great", Sirius said. I shook my head. "You sound fantastic".

I shook my head in disagreement. I looked at Sirius. "Thank you", I said. I kissed Sirius as the music continued.

Hey, Little Train, wait for me
Was held in chains, but now I'm free
I'm hanging in there, don't you see
In this process of elimination