Promotion

The next day, Ae and senior Intouch arrived at office early. They had planned everything and were now waiting for Nahm to step into the office. Ae had already informed Pete about bringing Fluke to the office and also he had asked Ohm to come early.

Nahm arrived at her usual timing and made herself comfortable in her chair. She then fished out her phone and clicked some pictures of herself before placing it back inside. Then she removed her makeup kit and started to give herself a little touch up.

Senior Intouch was watching her all the while and wanted to just slap her in face but he knew that he had to keep himself calm so that he could get to the core of the matter. He called Nahm and asked her to come to the conference room.

Nahm thought that there was some important meeting and walked towards the conference. She knocked on the door and entered inside to find Ae and senior Intouch already seated.

"Good morning sir!" Nahm greeted politely. "Good morning Nahm. What a lovely day!! Well, I called you for some important discussion. You have been working so hard for this company from the time you have joined that we have decided of promoting you." Senior Intouch spoke.

Nahm was surprised and she leapt up in joy. "Awww.... Thank you sir!! Thank you so much!!" She said. "Well, there are few other people too that are getting promoted along with you. So, let me start with you. I'll be asking you few of the questions as formality." Senior Intouch spoke gesturing the lady to sit down. Just then Ohm walked in and Senior inotuch motioned him to occupy one of the chairs.

"Nahm, I don't remember which conference I had yesterday. Did I ask you to get some file?" Senior Intouch asked trying to recall. "No sir... Not at all. In fact you left early yesterday." The women replied. "Good. Now tell me how long have you known Ohm?" The aged businessman asked again.

"It's been years. I know him from college." Nahm replied. "Well, then I guess you'll be knowing Fluke. Isn't it?" senior Intouch inquired. "Ah, no sir!! I never met him." Nahm replied.

"Well Nahm, you are qualified for getting promoted. Please be seated while we call the other candidates that are eligible for the promotion." senior Intouch spoke. Ohm was a bit confused at the interaction and wanted to ask his father what he was planning to do but then, he caught those last lines of Nahm. He knew very well that Nahm knew about his and Fluke's relationship since she was present the night when Fluke's pictures were posted on the wall in front of the college.

Ae then called Pete and soon Fluke entered the conference room. Nahm turned around and saw the little boy walking inside heading towards Ae. "Sir, he had just joined and still a fresher. He cannot be promoted." Nahm reminded.

"Oh! Nahm, I forgot to mention another tiny detail. I am going to fire some of the employees. You see, we have lot many traitors inside our company." Senior Intouch stated. Nahm grinned thinking that Fluke was going to get fired. She was content thinking that her plan seems to work.

"Well, Fluke, will you care to explain what time you left the office yesterday?" Senior Intouch inquired. Fluke glanced at Ae feeling scared but Ae nodded to him reassuringly asking him to continue. "7.30 pm sir." He answered. "And what were you doing so late?" The aged businessman asked.

Fluke glanced at Nahm and then started to narrate, "I was leaving the office at usual time when Nahm called me and asked me to get a file from store. She said that you had asked me to get the file so I went to store room but there was no one around. I saw some files lying on the desk and thought of checking the file in them. But then the door was locked and I was trapped inside the room. It was dark and cold and I fainted after sometime. When I woke up, I found myself in medical room."

"Nahm, what have you got to say about this?" Senior Intouch demanded. "He's lying sir!" Nahm said in her defense. "Stop lying!!" The aged businessman shouted making her jump. "Do you think I am fool not to understand what you have been upto?" he barked at her.