XII. I'm here on Lily Evans' behalf

"Hey Lily! Can I talk to you for a moment?" "Sure, Charlie! What's up?" "I have a theory and I wondered if you could help me..." "Sure, if you want, we can go to the library." "Yes, thank you." "So, what's wrong?" "Look, don't tell anyone, but I think Remus is a werewolf!" Lily frowned: "Sev had this theory too, but he dropped it shortly after. I already told him, and now you: That's ridiculous!" "No, it's not! And if he had the theory too, then that means, it's even more probable, Lily! Look, that would explain everything!" Remus disappears once a month and I checked! It's always on full moons! He always looks sick that day and is excused from class the next one. It explains why he never goes to the hospital wing and even his nickname: Moony." "But Char- wait, you might actually be right... I'll talk to him about the matter. " "No! Don't!" "Why not?" "I just don't think it's right, because it's a personal matter, and if he doesn't wish to talk about it... because even if he denies it, he'll know you know!" "Okay, I won't talk about it yet, but I will someday!" "Okay, deal!"

Severus stepped outside of his common room, he was late for transfiguration and Pr. McGonagall would kill him! A younger Gryffindor girl was standing outside, she seemed to wait for something. "What... Are you doing there?!", he barked. "Are you Severus Snape?" "Yes, why?", his eyes narrowed. "I'm Charlie Potter, second year." "Potter? Oh, you're that... idiot's sister!" "I beg you pardon? Anyway, I'm here on Lily Evans' behalf. She wanted me to ask you something, because she refuses to talk to you herself... you insulted her, if I recall correctly?" Severus blushed, but she had his attention now. "What does she want to know?" "Last year...", Severus interrupted her: "Look, I'm really sorry! That word slipped! Now, if you'll excuse me..." "That's not what I wanted to talk about, Snape!" "Oh." "Last year, you were sent to the headmaster's office. What was that about?" "Nothing." "Oh, well, I'll just tell Lily, that you don't want to tell her, I mean, who'd want to talk to a-", Charlie gulped, before saying: "Mudblood." Severus was both furious and scared. "No! That's not it! I'll send Lily a letter, but I can't tell you!" "O-kay.", Charlie let Severus pass, thinking: "Damn." She had lied, just wanting information. Now, she'd have to admit it to Lily.

"Lily?", Charlie asked. "Yes?" "I- umm- I have to confess something-I did something, that was... wrong." "What did you do, Potter?", Lily asked sternly. "I- umm, kind of, sort of, might've asked Snape something in your name and he said he wouldn't tell me but write you a letter instead... sorry." "What did you ask?" "What Dumbledore told him last year..." Lily sighed. "That's okay, just tell me next time... Oh, and why do you want to know that?" "Our theory..." "Oh, okay..."