XXX. Padfoot?

When she opened it, Sirius tumbled in. "Padfoot?", James, who had just appeared behind Charlie, asked. Sirius just nodded. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. "Come on, I already readied your room.", James told him, and Sirius slumped forward into James' arms who patted him on the back, smiling sadly. "Gonna be alright. Gonna be alright, Sirius." James continued patting Sirius on the back who was struggling to hold back his tears. "Hey, it's alright to cry, mate. You're exhausted!" Charlie gulped, she was actually planning to yell at Sirius and be angry when he came, but now she couldn't. "Oh, come on! You're being ridiculous!", she mentally scolded herself. She still couldn't yell at Sirius. So instead, she turned on her heels without a word and went up to her room so she could write to Regulus. She was just about to start writing, when Regulus' owl Canis (which is, surprise, surprise, also a star constellation) swooped in and dropped a letter. Charlie tore it open.

Dear Charlie,

Thank you so much and sorry for bothering you. I guess you can just call me Regulus or Reg, you can decide what you like better. My middle name is Arcturus (another star, of course!) I'm sorry, but I have to decline your kind offer. These (horrible) people are still my only family.

R.A.B.

Charlie smiled. That boy was ever so polite! Totally the opposite of Sirius. She dipped her quill into the ink and began to write.

Dear Regulus,

I was just about to write to you, when I got your owl. Sirius just arrived. Guess what, James knew about this all the time! I think I'm gonna kill him! I wanted to do that for a long time actually! You wrote that these people were your only family. That's not true. You have Sirius and me. Reconsider my offer. If you did, Mum, Dad and James' corpse (😊) would be your family too.

Sincerely,

Your Charlie

Charlie sighed while attaching the letter to Canis, knowing Regulus would consider it as the height of dishonor to leave his biological family, no matter how much he hated them.

Charlie knocked on the guest room's door. "Sirius?" "Come in!" "Would you- would you mind telling me why you ran away?" Sirius frowned; he definitely hadn't expected that. "I had a major fight with mother. Thought I'm a disgrace to the name of Black. I am. She blasted me off the family tree." Sirius managed a quick smile. "I knew it would be time sooner or later this year. I had already packed most of my things. I couldn't stay there anymore. I escaped as a dog. You'll find how easy it is to escape anything, really, as a dog. I changed human to dog and vice-versa few times, so I could take the train, not get to tired, etc. Took me two days to get here.
"My uncle felt bad for me and gave me a bit of money. I guess he's been blasted off the tree to now. I really hate my parents with their pure-blood-mania and my idiot brother –to soft to see how wrong this all is! So-" Charlie interrupted him: "Do you only mean their pure-blood mania, when you say how wrong "this" all is?" "The pure-blood-mania, the fact that in their eyes being a Black practically makes you royal. Of course, the punishments." "What punishments?" Sirius didn't answer, but pointed at a huge gash in his forehead.