XXIV. MAKE IT STOP!!!

"Welcome to the shrieking shack, Miss Ravenclaw", Peter welcomed her. The shrieking shack? Whoa! So... so Remus was where the shrieks came from! Charlie looked around, but backed away again, when she saw Remus double over in pain. There was a terrible snarling noise. Remus' head was lengthening, just like his body. Meanwhile he was wincing in pain. His shoulders hunched and hair sprouted on his face and hands, which were turning into terrible, clawed paws. 

Finally, Remus stood there as a werewolf. He sniffed the air and turned his look on Charlie. "Who are you?", he asked, his voice sounding so... bloodthirsty, so not Remus. "Re-Remus?", she winced. He just growled: "Who are you? You're not a human." "No, I'm not a human, Remus. I'm a- I'm a wolf. Like you. But also not like you." "You smell human. I want to hunt. Hunt humans", he snarled, making Charlie wince once more at his voice. "No, you don't, you're not you, Remus!" "I am the real me! I need to hunt!" "No, Remus!", Charlie begged, not being able to stand it anymore, "Stop. Please, I beg of you" Remus, no, not Remus - the werewolf growled threatening. 

"Look, Remmy, I know you're in there. Don't let it growl at me. You can protect me from it, right?", Charlie soothed. The werewolf snarled again: "I AM Remus. I have become him. He has no power over me, because he IS me. Now, I have to hunt. I need blood." "You're a werewolf not a vampire", Charlie chuckled nervously. The werewolf howled and then growled. "I need to hunt. Now." The werewolf threw itself against a wall and then looked Charlie in the eyes again: "I want to hunt. I need to hunt. To rip flesh apart", the werewolf hissed, still borrowing Remus's voice, but in its own pitch.  It was horrifying. 

"Stop, make it stop!", Charlie begged. If she were in her human form, she would be crying by now. She whined and covered her snout with her paws. "Miss Ravenclaw? Miss Ravenclaw? Why are you whining and howling and barking?", James asked. It seemed that Charlie had been talking wolfish with the werewolf and the other three couldn't understand either of them. "I need to hunt. Aaah, haven't hunted in ages!", the werewolf's voice told her.

"MAKE IT STOOOOOP!!!", Charlie roared. "Miss Ravenclaw? Are you alright?", Peter asked concerned. "I'M NOT ROWENA RAVENCLAW!", she yelled at him, sobbing, "I thought it would be funny to-to prank you, and if I would've told you who I am, you wouldn't have-have let me come with you! I-I just wanted to find out, about-about this! And now I hear him and it's not him and I-I can't stand this! He sounds so-so bloodthirsty and pure evil, I-" "Then who ARE you?", Sirius asked. "I won't tell you. I can't! Make it stop!" "Stop what? Look, wolf-girl, tell us what's wrong. Now!", Sirius barked. "I can understand Remus, but it isn't Remus! He's so- it sounds so-", Charlie sobbed, "and he only wants to kill! To kill!" Sirius looked shocked. "You can understand him?", he croaked, "what is he saying?" "No, make it-make it stop!"