XXV. Standing on a toilet with Remus

After a while of the most terrible pain, the werewolf curled up to sleep. Charlie thought she had never been happier in her entire life! She curled up to and closed her eyes. Sirius, Peter and James still tried to get her to reveal her identity, but Charlie stayed silent. After a few minutes, she finally fell asleep.

"Miss Wolf? Time to get up, we don't want to miss class... if you have classes?", Peter whispered in Charlie's ear and she woke up immediately. Remus was still sleeping and she'd rather not wake him up. Charlie followed the marauders through the tunnel and into the castle. Although she went to the girls' bathroom and transformed there. She didn't want them to know who she was. She sneaked into her dorm and got dressed.

"Miss Potter? Are you even paying attention?", Professor Slughorn asked. "Huh?" "Apparently not. Miss Potter, please focus! You seem distracted. Swellingly distracted.", he laughed at his own joke, which Charlie couldn't really appreciate, since she had no idea what was supposed to be funny. "Sorry Professor. I was in another world." Charlie gave him an extra big smile. "Ah, no problem, really. Uh, you won't forget about the slug party tonight, will you? The last one was held during your unfortunate absence." "Yes, yes! It would be impossible for that to slip my mind!", she replied sweetly, thinking: "Ahhhhh! It slipped my mind!!!!" "Good, good. Well, then, please pair up with Miss Weasley." Charlie nodded and went to stand next to Gina. "What potion are we brewing?", she whispered. "Swelling Solution. Thus the joke, that wasn't so funny, actually.", Gina whispered back. "Instructions on page 81." "Thanks, Gin"

"Checkmate.", Gina told Charlie, grinning. "How-? Oh, whoops. Well, I'll be in the common room, reading.", Charlie sighed and got up. She grabbed her book and walked out of their dormitory. Remus was just coming through the portrait hole, the real Remus! Charlie ran towards him and pulled him into a bear hug. "Oh Merlin! Remus, you're Remus again!" "What?", he asked slightly confused. Charlie sobbed into his chest, not letting go of him. "Okay, okay, don't cry! Charlie, what happened? Let's- let's find a place to talk about it, okay?" She sniffed and nodded. "Somewhere private. Like the most private place in the whole world! Plus enchantments, okay?" Remus nodded seriously: "Okay, I know just the place!"

He took her arm and led her to the prefect bathrooms. "This is the boys' prefect bathroom! What are we doing here?", Charlie asked curious. "Just trust me. Now climb onto this toilet." "What?!" "Just do it.", Remus climbed onto the toilet with her, took out his wand and muttered something that sounded like: "Flush, Flush, Flush." They flushed through the toilet and next thing Charlie knew, she was standing in a small room. "Woah! What is this place?", she asked. Remus shrugged: "I'm not sure. But I can guarantee you, nobody will disturb us here."