XXXVI. First name basis

"Remus!!!" a girl's voice came from behind them. They all turned to see a couple with a slightly elder blonde girl, that didn't look very happy to be here.
Lily Evans ran passed her parents and sister from behind and hugged Remus. "So good to see you! Guess what!" Lily didn't pause to let him take a guess but burst out: "I'm Head girl! I bet you're Head boy, right? Hey Charlie!"
Lily turned to hug Charlie. "I'm so happy for you! Although I'm not head boy, Lily." Remus beamed at Lily, who asked: "Do you mean... Kyle?" "No actually." Remus stepped aside to uncover James who had pinned his badge to his chest as soon as they had entered the Leaky Cauldron.
James lifted his hand to greet her: "Hey, Evans." "Wha-Potter? What is this? Some bad joke? Remus, as Head boy you should know better than to let him wear your badge!"
"Hey, calm down, Evans, we're not kidding!" "Black. I don't remember talking to you." "Lily, it really isn't a joke, look!"
Charlie took off James' badge and pinned it to Remus' chest. As usual, it dissapeared and James opened his hand to present the badge to Lily.
"Tadaaaa! Pretty impressed, Evans, huh?" Lily scoffed: "Pretty impressed, Evans! Pff, by what? You're not even Head boy! You weren't a prefect last year, you arrogant, immature toerag!"
James handed Lily the letter: "From Minnie. Read and see, Evans, read and see. Although, as Head boy and girl, I think we should get on a first-name-basis." Lily read the letter and, upon recognizing Professor McGonagall's signature, her eyes widened. "You're... head boy? And... they have their reasons? What reasons?!" "No idea. But what's with the first-name-basis?" "Ugh, fine, James!" Lily spat out his name as if it was poison.
"Aww, I'm touched! You even know my first name!" "Don't, Potter, just don't." "Ahh, Lily, it's James to you! So, anyway, wanna go shopping with us? I suppose that's why you're coming to Diagon Alley, right?"
Lily wanted to say something but glanced at her parents and nodded: "I'd love to come with you and your family, Charlie!"Lily took Charlie's arm and said: "Mum, Dad, this is my friend Charlie and Remus, I already told you about them. This is Charlie's elder brother James and his friend Sirius. 
"And you must be Mr. and Mrs. Potter, am I right?" "Yes, but please call me Euphemia, dear!"
"Yes, and Fleamont!" "Sure, ... Fleamont and Euphemia..." Lily felt a little rude even though they had asked her to call them by their first names.