Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Everything's Fine Here, But There's No General

At the end of August, Haicheng ushered in the last storm, with dark clouds pressing down, the sky was darker than before.

The door of the second bedroom was pushed open, and Jiuma [1], Wu Yinghua complained loudly while wiping the water droplets with a towel: "You still don't know how to do to the rooftop to get the quilts in such heavy rain? Shutting yourself up in your room all day long, aren't you afraid of becoming moldy?!"

(Note [1]: Maternal uncle's wife.)

Qi Ying sat motionless in front of the window and even her posture has not changed.

Yu Zhao, half=lying on the sofa, said lazily: "She can't hear you. What's the use of shouting at her?"

Wu Yinghua walked over and slapped his head. "She is deaf, but are you also deaf? You only know how to play games! You're going to be a freshman in senior high school now. Can you still play leisurely like you did in junior high?"

Yu Zhao was unhappy after being slapped on his head. He rubbed his head and ran back to his room before he locked the door.

Wu Yinghua was angry. Looking back at Qi Ying, she was still in the same posture sitting in front of the window. Her delicate silhouette stood still against the heavy rain backdrop outside the window, it suddenly gave birth to a feeling of deserted loneliness. Thinking of her niece's bitter experience, the anger in her heart reduced greatly.

She walked over and knocked on the table.

Qi Ying turned around and saw that it was her Jiuma. Her clear and soft pupils flashed, her thin lips pursed slightly, and a cautious and solemn smile appeared.

Wu Yinghua's heart was stung by her smile. She sighed silently, took out her mobile phone to type, and handed it to her after she finished typing.

Qi Ying's gaze fell on the glowing screen: It's raining heavily. Your Jiujiu [2] won't come back tonight. Go to bed early.

(Note [2]: Mother's brother; maternal uncle.)

The previous Qi Ying was illiterate.

After accepting this body's memory, the knowledge that she once couldn't reach seemed to be self-taught, which gave her a new understanding of this world.

It's just that every time she sees a mobile phone, she still thinks it's a novelty. It's amazing how such a small thing not only can shine, but also have very vivid and clear pictures. It was truly mystical.

Qi Ying cleverly nodded at her aunt.

Wu Yinghua then closed the door and left.

Qi Ying continued to look out of the window. The wind and rain were gradually getting stronger, and the tress on the street swayed side to side unsteadily. The vehicles driving in the rain frequently flashed their lights and drove slowly.

It must be noisy outside but she couldn't hear anything.

Only an occasional buzzing.

She has been in this world for more than two months.

At first, Qi Ying thought it was a dream. On the day when she learned that the General had died on the battlefield, she hung a white silk on the roof beam and followed the General.

She still remembers the suffocation and pain before death and even the golden light of the sunset that fell on the Persian silk tree in the courtyard, But when she woke up again, she became this seventeen-year-old deaf girl. She's alive once again.