Extra 2.2

Past Life P.2

The West Yard hadn't been cleaned up yet, and Ji Rang took the person to his room.

The general of Zhenguo had minimal needs, and most of the rewards he received were distributed to his soldiers. Thus, his room also looked simple and clean. Only a half-person tall, white-glazed porcelain vase was placed in front of the window with a few plum blossoms in it.

The flowers were gradually withering, but the fragrance remained, half hazy and half cold. The little girl who had been shrinking in his arms slowly raised her head and looked carefully.

Ji Rang put her on the soft chair of the outside room.

She looked thin and small, with a bloodstained face, and she shrank into a ball in her cloak, not daring to look up at him.

Ji Rang closed the doors and windows, covered the cold wind and snow, and lighted the bronze stove on the side of the chair. Finally, there was some heat in the house. He sat down on the side of the chair, fearing that he would scare her, so he kept his voice as soft as possible: "Are you still cold?"

The little girl lowered her head, her ink black hair scattered on both sides, so he was unable to see her face, but she shook her head slightly.

Ji Rang thought for a while, then asked, "Are you hungry?"

She still shook her head.

For the first time, the decisive general felt helpless.

He grew up in the army since he was a child, surrounded by a group of rough men. In recent years, he had been fighting in the north and south, and his temper had become harder. He knew how to control an army of two hundred thousand, but he didn't know how to get along with a little girl whose wrist he could seemingly break with his two fingers.

Fortunately, the personal guards knocked on the door quickly, breaking his embarrassment: "General, hot water is ready."

Ji Rang said in a deep voice: "I see, go down." After the figure outside the house left, he got up and looked down at the little girl in front of him: "May I take you to take a bath?"

She finally didn't shake her head again. When she looked up at him, her eyes were clear and soft, and she asked in a low voice, "Does the general want to keep me here?"

Ji Rang smiled: "Do you want to stay?"

She pursed her lower lip and nodded gently for a while.

He leaned over, reached out and picked her up, turned and walked out: "Then stay."

Ji Rang stood by the door while the little girl was bathing in the room. After a while, Uncle Zhang came over with a clean dress. "There are few women's clothes in the mansion. Someone has been sent to buy them. This is what the lady left. General, you see..."

Ji Rang took it over: "No problem."

Zhang Bo vigorously rubbed his fingers and asked, "What is the last name of the girl brought back by the general, and her age. Can there be a marriage and are the parents still there?"

Ji Rang thought a little: "She's Qi Ying."

Uncle Zhang: "Nothing more?"

Ji Rang: "Nothing."

Uncle Zhang: "..."

Ji Rang smiled and patted Uncle Zhang on the shoulder: "When she is well rested, you can ask her yourself. Get the West Yard ready as soon as possible. By the way, put more heaters in the house, she is afraid of the cold."