Chapter 81

Chapter 81

After school in the afternoon, Ji Rang went to the bookstore and bought a bunch of dessert and pastry cooking recipes.

It was better to learn himself. Anyway, it's for a lifetime. It's better to master this skill earlier and create a taste that she likes. It's much more reliable than buying from others.

The big guy was determined to win.

National Day was after the monthly exam.

Of course, the first year and second year of high school had holidays as usual, but Haiyi's practice was that in addition to the winter and summer vacations, other statutory holidays were make-up classes for the third year of high school.

The senior high school students did not expect anything anymore. They did not expect that the teacher in charge of each class would notify them the day before the holiday. In response to the national policy, the school organized everyone to visit the Martyrs Memorial Hall on October 1st and they had to gather at the school at 8 o'clock in the morning.

This time, the excitement of the senior year was palpable, and it was like a big bargain. Although it was not as easy and free as a holiday, it was better than a make-up class. Everyone regarded this event as an autumn trip.

Early the next morning, the senior high school students gathered at the school gate and took a bus to the Martyrs Memorial Hall. While on the bus, the teacher in charge of each class gave each student a white chrysanthemum, and they would lay the flowers in front of the martyrs' monument.

The Martyrs Memorial Hall in Haicheng was built under the Martyrs Cemetery. The entrance is a very large square. On the square are huge monuments of martyrs full of names of martyrs, which were added every year.

After arriving at the square, the students went to the monument one by one to bow and lay flowers.

Ji Rang had been worried about Qi Ying since yesterday, for fear that she would be stimulated by seeing things and think about her parents. But she was no stranger after school yesterday. Just after getting off the bus, he left Class 9 and squeezed to the front to find Qi Ying.

She held a white chrysanthemum in her hand and stood beside Yue Li, her expression a little sad, her eyes seemed to be covered with a layer of mist, and he couldn't tell whether it was sadness or not.

Liu Qinghua was standing next to the team. It was not easy for him to go over, so he just watched her silently.

When it was Qi Ying's turn, she and several other students walked forward together, carefully placed the flowers on the steps, bowed three times, and retreated from the side to the back row.

When she saw Ji Rang, her depression disappeared, and a little smile appeared in her eyes. She secretly looked around. Liu Qinghua didn't pay attention to this side. She rushed to Ji Rang in two or three steps, and asked him in a low voice: "How did you get here?"

He took out a strawberry candy from his pocket, smiled and handed it over: "Would you like one?"

She was a little happy, took the strawberry candy but didn't eat it, put it in the pocket of her school uniform, and said softly, "I will eat it later."

The team moved forward, and the teachers were maintaining order. Ji Rang could not stay here anymore. Looking at her smiling eyes, he whispered: "Wait for me at the entrance of the memorial hall after a while."

She nodded.

It was already an hour after all the students had offered flowers. The memorial hall was freely visited by the students. The teachers did not need to organize any more. They only explained that they should not run around, make loud noises, and respect the place where heroes slept.