Chapter 22

Chapter 22

On the weekend, Yu Cheng took Qi Ying to the city hospital for routine treatment. Yu Zhuo didn't want to listen to Wu Yinghua's nagging at home, so he went with them.

The hospital was overcrowded at all times. When they reached, there were already two patients in front of them. The attending doctor asked them to wait outside for a while.

In the morning, Yu Cheng wanted to let the two children sleep a little longer. So they got up late and didn't get to eat breakfast. Originally, he planned to wait for the check-up before going for lunch, but now he didn't know how long they will have to wait. So he let Yu Zhuo accompany Qi Ying and he went downstairs to buy breakfast.

There was one seat left on the row of chairs in the corridor, and Yu Zhuo asked Qi Ying to sit while he stood next to her leaning against the wall playing games.

They saw an emergency as a group of people rushed into the corridor noisily. The doctors and nurses in front were pushing a stretcher. On the stretcher was a middle-aged man with blood on his head, followed by few old and weak women, children and young men, who were crying all the way.

This disturbance was so big that even Yu Zhuo was distracted from the game and looked up curiously.

Then he saw a familiar figure following at the end of the crowd.

Wearing a black and white suit, sporting short hair and red lips, stiletto heels, cold and gorgeous, she looked incompatible with the hospital.

There was a woman who looked like an assistant next to her, reporting something to her as she walked, Ji Qian looked serious, and occasionally nodded, her high heels stepping on the ground with the sound of da, da, da, cold and fast.

The group of people quickly passed by them and disappeared around the corner.

Qi Ying obediently sat in a row of chairs and tilted her head to look. Yu Zhuo said in surprise: "Hey, isn't this not that, that..." He suddenly remembered her because she had given a letter to him to pass on to Ji Rang. But he swallowed the words back.

After a while, Yu Cheng came back, carrying soy milk fritters and a bag of steamed buns. He thought that the corridor was too crowded, so he took Yu Zhuo and Qi Ying to the rooftop to eat.

It was already autumn, and the wind in the morning was chilly. The three of them sat down on the benches. Yu Cheng urged them to eat quickly and not to catch a cold.

Yu Zhuo bit the steamed bun and took a sip of soy milk. He looked around boredly, and saw a tall figure standing on the edge of the roof making a phone call.

In the beginning, he didn't actually hear what she said. Later, she probably quarreled with the person on the other end of the phone, and her voice became louder, so it floated into his ears intermittently with the morning wind.

"The company's business... it's not your turn to dictate..."

"I didn't touch him! What happened even if I hit him, how much did he eat from the Chengbei project..."

"Don't talk about my mother, how many years has my mother been dead!"

The last sentence almost came out in a roar.

After roaring, she hung up the phone, and turned back fiercely.

Halfway through, she saw three people having breakfast sitting on the bench there. It was not a glorious thing for Yu Cheng to have eavesdropped on somebody's calls, but he didn't mean to do it! A little sorry, he bowed his head and said to Yu Zhuo: "Eat fast!"