Extra 2.3

Past Life P.3

As far as she could remember, Qi Ying had never slept so well and not woken up in the middle of the night, all this was like a dream.

The burning incense in the stove enveloped her like a thin gauze in the night, and the tassels hanging in front of the bed wrapped around a ray of clear moon outside the window. She touched the brocade and satin under her body and turned over gently.

Qi Ying woke up early the next day.

When she turned over and sat up, Si Xia and Ying Ge were already waiting next to her. She was a little embarrassed and whispered: "I'll do it myself."

The two maids were not reluctant, just stepping up to help when she needed help. Si Xia brought new winter clothes and said that they were all sent by Uncle Zhang last night. There were various colors and styles for her to choose.

Qi Ying only picked some light colors, these colors would look dull when others wore them, but she looked beautiful, wearing light colors made her look especially refined.

Ying Ge asked her, "Girl, do you want to go to the East Pavilion to have a meal with the general?"

She thought for a while and nodded slightly.

The two accompanied her, but Ji Rang was not in the room this early. The cold wind blew the dry bananas in the courtyard, and the snow had finally stopped after snowing all night.

Probably because the general was in good physical condition, so he didn't use the heater. The room was cold. She rubbed her hands and told the maids to go back first and waited in the room by herself.

She didn't look or touch anything randomly. At first, she sat obediently on the chair. After sitting for a long time, she got a little cold, then got up and walked to the floor-to-ceiling porcelain vase in front of the window and bowed her head to sniff the fragrance of the plum blossoms.

The remaining flowers and leaves were a little withered. She felt it smelled good, so she smelled it a few more times.

Behind her came Ji Rang's voice with a smile: "Do you like that flower?"

She was taken aback and turned around quickly. Ji Rang stood behind her, dressed in a black costume and high-tied black hair. She didn't know when he came back. Under his smiling eyes, she asked in a low voice: "General, where have you been?"

Ji Rang loosened the black wristbands on his wrists and said, "Went to practice." He stretched out two fingers and stroked her face with the back of his fingers. "Is it cold? You're all frozen."

She blushed again and shook her head with her eyes down.

Ji Rang turned to the table and poured himself a glass of water: "Don't come here in the morning."

Qi Ying paused, and the crimson faded quickly, leaving only a cramped paleness.

Ji Rang drank the water before continuing to say, "I will go to the West Yard after I practice. There is no heater here, and you will freeze."

When he looked back, he caught the uneasiness in the little girl's eyes, and was stunned for a moment, wondering where he had done wrong again. He sighed helplessly from the bottom of his heart, he had to learn how to get along with the little girl.

He put down the water glass, thought for a while, walked over and stretched out his hand to her: "Let's go, go back and have breakfast."

Qi Ying lowered her head and put her hand in his palm.

The palm of his hand was so warm. She could hold it all year round. He had thick calluses on his fingertips. Though when he held her hand, it felt very soft. As if he was afraid of pinching her, the warmth was continuously transmitted through the palm. His fingertips finally warmed her cold body.