Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Ji Rang stayed up almost all night.

He could not imagine how desperate such a soft little girl had to be, that she would choose to commit suicide to end her life in order to end her suffering. Even more unacceptable, her optimism all the time was actually an illusion.

How did she emerge from the shadow of suicide, how did she swallow the unbearable pain that ordinary people couldn't alone, and was finally able to smile softly at the world?

The thought of this broke his heart.

It wasn't until early morning when the sky was foggy and light that he fell into a light sleep. But it didn't last long. Qi Ying was to board a plane at 12 noon. Before leaving, she had to go back to her home to take a look. He only got up after squinting for more than an hour, his eyes flushed with sleep and thus a bit red.

After checking out, wearing a hat, he sat on the sofa in the lobby waiting for her.

It didn't take long for Yu Cheng to bring Qi Ying down.

She did not look unusual, except that her eyes were a little red. When Yu Cheng talked to her, she raised her head and responded obediently, without showing any of the hurt in her heart.

Ji Rang was heartbroken to death.

He put on his hat and walked beside her across the road.

They were going to have a look at the old home of Qi Ying. It was not far, down a straight road, and it took no more than ten minutes to get there.

As it was the spring, the pink cherry blossoms on both sides of the street were blooming, clusters crowded on the branches. His tall and thin figure shuttled among the pink double-flowered cherry blossoms, like an unrelated passerby, with his hands in his pockets, strolling in the courtyard, but no matter when she tilted her head, she would be able to see him.

Qi Ying felt so relieved.

Her family lived in an old community, and the security guard at the door was reading a newspaper wearing a pair of reading glasses. He also knew Qi Ying and stood up a little excited when he saw her: "Isn't this Yingying? I haven't seen you for a long time."

She politely greeted him as Grandpa Security. The Qi family's accident was not spread out, and it was only said that they had died in the line of duty, and even the people in the community thought they had moved away.

Yu Cheng chatted with the security guard and led Qi Ying in.

She walked a few steps and looked back. Ji Rang was standing under a street lamp across the street, leaning on the telephone pole with his hands crossed, his hat down to his eyelids, and his face too far away, but she knew that he was watching her.

She waved at him secretly.

Sure enough, he also raised his hand and waved.

She felt so happy, and even the tingling sensation that came from returning home was alleviated a lot.

There was a lot of dust in the house, and the furniture was covered with dust-proof white cloth. Yu Cheng was choking and coughing. She covered her nose and opened the window to cross-ventilate. She walked back to her old bedroom and took a look.

It was strange, it was the first time, but she was familiar with every corner. She opened the suitcase and packed some small things that she didn't have time to pack when she left in a hurry last year.

She packed her most favorite pen, her favorite strawberry hairpin, a diary full of young girls' thoughts, a stuffed bear that has accompanied her for many years, and a family portrait.