Chapter 2: Wedding Bucket List

Hye Jin's POV

"Oh! Jagiya!" I exclaim excitedly when I see Du Sik waiting for me outside my dental clinic. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to walk home with you." Du Sik says sweetly. My lips curl into a smile.

"What's the occasion?" I ask him and lace my hand with his.

"No special reason. I missed you the whole day and couldn't wait to see you." Du Sik replies.

The effect that Du Sik has on me is surreal. Every time I'm with him, it's as if someone has put a filter over my life. A blissful one. It blurs out any fatigue or mundaneness and sharpens every good thing: happiness, love, companionship.

"How was your day?" Du Sik asks me and tucks a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"Ah! You mean the emergency patient?" I ask. "Wah, it was really a shock. I spent so much time suturing. My hands are cramping." I move my fingers, showing Du Sik.

"Aigoo, my fiance is too busy helping people. I'm worried that at this rate, they're going to replace me with you, Chief Yoon?" Du Sik laughs.

"Who would've thought that it'll be so hard to take wedding photos." I sigh with a touch of disappointment. Du Sik pulls me closer to him.

"Don't worry. We still have a lot of time to take as many wedding photos as you want." He smiles.

"Can we have a wedding bucket list?" I ask him excitedly.

"A wedding bucketlist? You mean, things you want to do as a newly wed couple?" He asks.

"Mmm, something like that. It's just another excuse for me to spend time with you." I say with a skip in my step.
"An excuse to spend time with me?" Du Sik stops and turns to look at me. "That's ridiculous. You don't need an excuse to spend time with me. I want to spend every second with you." He smiles.

"Ah, my husband is the best." I smile and pretend to give him a pat on the head. Du Sik laughs heartily.

"So, what do you have in mind?" He asks me.

"Hmmm... I'm going to need some time to think about this. I want to be as meticulous as I can." Ideas already bubble at the back of my mind.

Helping Du Sik pick out his wedding tuxedo... Choosing wedding flowers... Tasting a million wedding cake flavours...

"Actually, I already have some ideas." Du Sik grins.

"Like what?"

"Hmm, let's see... Fishing with you, grocery shopping with you, cooking together with you..." Du Sik goes on and on. It makes my heart smile knowing that he has thought about these things.

"... and watching you destroy the kitchen." He adds.

"Ya!" I exclaim and pretend to punch his arm. "I will memorise the recipe! My brain power got me through dental school!" I boast.

"Can we do some of those things tomorrow?" I ask eagerly.

"Ah... tomorrow?" Du Sik scratches the back of his head.
"Why? Do you have something on?" I ask him.

"I'm sorry." Du Sik sighs. "I promised to help out at the harbour tomorrow. One of the fishermen got seasick." He explains.

"A fisherman? Got seasick?" I almost laugh. "That's like a dentist who's afraid of teeth."

"Exactly. Haiz, if I had known, I wouldn't have agreed to help..." Du Sik says dreadfully.

"No, don't worry. We can always go another day. We have a long long time together." I say cheerfully. Du Sik perks up again but still whines every once in a while.

"Aish... Now I really don't want to go tomorrow..."

"Hye Jin ah, do you think they'll believe me if I say I've come down with a huge phobia for fish?"

"Ah... I don't want to spend time away from you... I already miss you and you're standing right in front of me!"

"Ahhh... Hye Jin ah..."

Each time he lets out a sigh or a small whine, I laugh affectionately and promise him that we will do it another time.

He looks at me with the cutest eyes and dimples.

My heart inflates like crazy. How did I get so lucky?