Chapter 36: Wine for All?

Hye Jin's POV

The doctor finally gives me the green light to be discharged and I couldn't be happier. I want to go back home!

"Okay, let's go!" Du sik says happily as he comes back from finishing all the paperwork.

"Let's go home!" I say happily and reach down to pick up the overnight bag.

"Yah! Yah! Don't carry that!" Du sik exclaims and scuttles over to take the bag from me.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Don't carry heavy things when you are pregnant!" Du sik says. I laugh in amusement at him.

"I'm only a few weeks along. There isn't even a bump yet." I say and feel my stomach again.

"No, no. For the next nine months, you are not touching anything that's heavy!" Du sik says and happily escorts me out of the ward. I laugh at his enthusiasm. I feel like a celebrity who's been escorted by her bodyguard. Du sik walks next to me protectively, as if scared that I may fall and hurt myself at any moment. He opens the car door for me and gently helps me in.

"I'm only a few weeks along you know?" I tell Du Sik again and laugh at his carefulness.

"Ah, ah. I promised to take very very very good care of you." Du sik smiles at me. "Come on, let's go home."

~

"Dr Yoon!" I hear the chorus of our Gongjin neighbours and friends as we step into the yard.

"What is all this?" I smile as I see a banner hung up which reads 'WELCOME HOME'.

"Wah, what's all this food?" I gasp as I see the containers lined up side by side.

"We thought you'd be sick of hospital food." Hwa Jeong says.

"Dr Yoon! I made many many fried dumplings for you!" Nam suk says enthusiastically.

"To Dr Yoon!" Chun jae says enthusiastically. "Come on! Let's pop open the wine!" Chun jae exclaims and everyone cheers.
"Ah! Wait! No wine for Hye Jin!" Du Sik says suddenly.

Everyone turns to face Du sik.

"Why?" Chun jae asks.

"Oh, is she not well enough to take alcohol?" Hwa jeong asks with concern.

I look at Du Sik and we both share the same smile. Du sik holds my hand in his.

"Hye Jin and I have something very important to announce." Du Sik says and looks at me, letting me break the wonderful news to the rest.

"I'm pregnant!" I announce excitedly and everyone erupts with joyful sounds.

"Really?" Mi seon gasps as she rushes up to me. She looks at me with huge eyes of wonder and towards my stomach. "You're pregnant?" She asks and covers my mouth with her hands. "THAT'S AMAZING!" Mi seon gasps and hugs me tightly.

"Dr Yoon! Congratulations!" Hwa Jeong, Nam suk, Chun jae... everyone comes up to congratulate me and I blush with excitement.

"Dr Yoon, if you need any tips, just let me know!" Yun kyung says enthusiastically with baby Eun ra in her arms. "Ah! Eun ra will have someone to play with!" She says excitedly.

"Unnie! Do you know whether it's a boy or girl?" Ju ri asks me. "I hope it's a girl! I will teach her all about DOS!" Ju ri claps her hands together excitedly.

"You better not! I don't think Dr Yoon wants her daughter following in your footsteps!" Chun jae says to Ju ri and she sticks her tongue out at him.

"I CALL DIBS ON GODMOTHER!" Mi seon exclaims.

"What!" The same syllable erupts from Hwa Jeong, Nam suk and Yun Kyung.

"Wah, Hong Du sik is going to be a father..." Geum chul says.

"You better get ready for all the crazy midnight cravings!" Geum chul whispers to Du Sik.

"Anything for my baby." Du Sik smiles while Geum chul glares at him.