Epilogue

Hye Jin's POV
"Appa! Omma!" Seon Ho calls out happily as he runs towards us from his kindergarten class.

"Seon ho ah!" I exclaim happily as my child runs into my arms and gives me a tight hug. I take his school bag from him and sling it over my shoulder.

"Appa!" Seon Ho holds his hands out to Du sik and Du sik lifts him up and carries him.

"My Seon ho ah!" Du sik smiles at him affectionately. "Did you have fun at school today?" He asks. Seon ho nods eagerly.

"All my friends sang Happy Birthday for me today and Ms Yu even prepared a cake for all of us today!" Seon Ho says excitedly. Du sik beams at him.

"Ah, my boy is turning six today!" Du sik exclaims.

"What's that in your hand, Seon ho?" I ask him as I spy the envelope in his hand.

"Oh this?" Seon Ho holds up the envelope. "My friend gave it to me." He says, waving it proudly.

"Oh? Who?" Du sik asks him and looks at it. "Hong Seon Ho!" Du sik gasps. "Why is this letter titled from your girlfriend?" Du sik exclaims and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What? Let me see?" I say and peer over at it. True enough, the envelope is signed off with 'From your girlfriend'.

"Seon ho ah," I pat my son's head as I ask. "Who gave you this? Why does she say she's your girlfriend?"

"Oh, just some girl." Seon ho shrugs his shoulders and Du sik laughs in amusement.

"Who is this some girl?" Du sik asks him, pretending to pinch his cheek.

"Seo Dal mi. She's my classmate. I think she likes me." Seon ho shrugs. "She keeps putting letters on my table. But I never reply to them." Seon Ho says. "A lot of girls in my class like me, you know? I can't give my attention to all of them." Seon Ho says.

"I was worried our boy would be a mischievous boy...It turns out... he's a flirt..." Du sik whispers to me and I try to hide my laughter.

"I think you've been spending too much time with Ju ri." I say.

"Ah, Ju ri noona?" Seon Ho says. He shakes his head. "Aish, she keeps talking about fashion and..." Seon Ho shakes his head in disinterest.

"Appa!" Seon Ho says. "I'm hungry." He grins.

"Ah, of course. Seon ho, let's go eat! What do you want to eat on your birthday? Appa will buy you whatever you want!" Du sik says.

"Tteokbokki! Corn dogs!" Seon ho cheers. "And after that, can we go surfing, Appa?" Seon ho asks.

"Of course!" Du sik smiles. "And don't forget, after that we still need to eat your birthday cake!"

"Ah, I can't eat cake..." Seon Ho says.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Today Ms Yu taught us about cavities... and she said that if I eat cake, I'll get a cavity!" Seon Ho looks like he's about to sob at the idea of not being able to have cake.

"Seon ho ah," I laugh with amusement. "It's not that you cannot eat cake. It's just that you can't eat too much cake and then not brush your teeth!"

"Really? So I can eat cake today?" Seon ho exclaims in child-like innocence.

"Of course." I smile.

"Omma, are you sure?" Seon ho asks.

"Of course Seon ho, tell me again, what does your omma do for a living?" Du sik asks him.