Chapter 45: Don't Touch Her

Du Sik's POV

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY WIFE!" I feel a growl rip itself from my chest as I charge towards the criminal. I kick him squarely in the back and his hands fling away from Hye Jin's neck in fright. He turns to look at me in shock.

"You sick ba*****!" I bark at him and punch him squarely across his face, knocking the mask off his face. I groan in pain as his knuckles hit me in the jaw. I rub my jaw painfully.

"Don't you dare touch my wife." I hiss as I throw several punches at him. Patches of blood appear on my knuckles. I wedge myself between him and Hye Jin.

I wince in pain as he knocks me in the chest. It feels like the air has been knocked out of my chest.

I throw my foot forward and it contacts his chest sharply. He topples back in pain and I seize the opportunity. I twist his arm around and pin it to his chest. I put my full body weight on him and he wrestles aggressively.

"Chief Hong!" Eun chul bursts into the clinic with several other police officers. I roll off the assassin and allow the policemen to chuff him.

I rush over to Hye Jin. She looks pale. I gather her in my arms gently.

"Jagiya." She groans, although her eyes remain shut.

"It's okay. It's okay. You're okay now. I'm here." I whisper and kiss her head gently.

Hwa Jeong's POV

"What's all the commotion?" I ask as I join the group that has gathered outside Dr Yoon's clinic.

"Hwa Jeong!" Nam suk exclaims. "The most awful thing happened!" Nam suk exclaims and looks like she's about to cry.

"Why? What is it?" I ask as she bursts into tears.
"Hwa Jeong ah," Young guk says as he appears. "Don't get too worried. They've caught him already."

"Who? Caught who?" I ask.

"Someone tried to attack Dr Yoon." Young guk says heavily.

"What!" I gasp in shock. "Where is Dr Yoon! Is she okay!" I ask, trying to look past the police barriers that separate us from the dental clinic.

"Dr Yoon is okay." One of the police officers approaches us and explains. "She's okay. She just took in a lot of chlorine gas. But they've rushed her to the hospital and she should be fine." He explains.

"Who is the one who attacked Dr Yoon?" Nam suk cries.

"Do you remember the fire that happened weeks ago?" Eun chul suddenly appears and frowns.

"Oh, yes. The one that Chief Hong saved Hye Jin from right?" I ask.

"Yes. The arsonist who set the building on fire is the same guy who tried to attack Dr Yoon today." Eun chul says gravely.

"What!" A chaotic mix of angry words and worry erupt from everyone.

"You mean the fire was a case of foul play?" Young guk exclaims.

"Eun chul! Will Dr Yoon be okay!" Ju ri begs.

Bo ra starts sobbing as Il-jun tries to pat her on the back.

"That ba*****! I'm going to rip his arms and legs off!" Nam suk says with red eyes.