Chapter 17: As One

Hye Jin's POV

"Welcome home, my wife." Du sik eyes sparkle as he calls me his wife. His wife. I'm his wife. The thought makes my heart flutter.
We stand hand in hand with matching rings on our wedding fingers.

I exclaim in joy as he picks me up bridal style and carries me into our house.

It's unreal. I've been living in this house for a while. But now that we are coming in as a newly married couple, there's a new sense of excitement. 

"I know we were going to have our honeymoon in Seoul, but we'll have to make do here before the road gets repaired." Du sik says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Lucky us, we get two honeymoons! One here and one in Seoul." I smile. Du Sik smiles and kisses me before putting me down.

After Du sik puts me down, he brings me to his display of homemade wine.

"Ta da!" He says and hands me a bottle of wine that smells fruity and sweet.

"What is this?" I ask, amused.

"I was saving this for our wedding. It's one of my oldest ones. I wanted to save it for a special occasion." Du sik says sweetly, making me blush.

I can smell the sweet aroma as he opens the bottle. The dark red liquid dances across my tongue and it tastes of wild berries.

"Wah, it's amazing." I gasp and Du sik laughs.

"Drink slowly, I don't want you running around the town and spinning on every street lamp you see." He laughs as he pours a bit more wine into my empty glass.

"Hm? Spinning on a street lamp? I don't seem to recall." I say cheekily and take a few more sips of wine.

"Aiyo Hye Jin, how could you forget that night?" Du Sik plays along. "It was one of the most eventful nights of my life." Du Sik laughs. He then points to the corner of his lips and I know what he's referring to. That was the night I kissed him for the first time.

"A first kiss tastes like mud, sunlight and roses." I recite from his book.

"Oh? You read my book?" Du Sik looks pleasantly surprised.

"Of course I am very well educated."

"Really? Then tell me... what did our first kiss as a married couple taste like?" Du sik asks as a smile of amusement plays along his face.

I put down my wine glass and lean in towards him.

"Hmm, I'm going to need to kiss you again to be sure." I whisper.

Du sik smiles and holds my face in his hands. Gently, he presses his lips against mine. I can taste the wine on his lips. Our lips move in perfect synchronised movement. His lips are soft, yet firm and altogether, beautiful. His hands slide to my back and he draws me closer. I lean into him, my chest against his, and my arms wrap around his neck.

He kisses me hard and I sigh with pleasure. My hands slide to his collar and I undo one button at a time. I push the shirt off his shoulders and look at his bare chest. His body is lined with smooth lines of muscle. I feel his skin against my hands.

I move forward and wrap my legs around his waist.

Almost as if it were cued, Du Sik sweeps me up. My chest pressed against his, my legs around his waist. His hands support my back. He leans me against the wall to steady himself. With my back against the wall, he kisses me furiously. My mouth explores his. My hands run along his shoulder blades.

Du Sik carries me to our room and he sets me down gently on the bed. His eyes are full of affection when he gazes upon me.

He lowers himself carefully and fits his mouth into mine. His mouth moves to my cheek and down my neck, all the way to my collar bone. I never want him to stop.

My hands trace the path of his spine and move to his belt. I underdo his belt.

His hands find the zip of my dress and he pulls it down.

We are skin to skin. We breathe the same air. We are left longing for more and more, like a beautiful song that never ends.

I kiss every curve of muscle. I feel his hair between my fingertips.

"I love you." Du Sik whispers.
"I love you too." I whisper back.

He presses his lips against mine and our bodies become one.