Chapter 14: Anywhere With You

Du Sik's POV

Hye Jin's expression falls with disappointment. I reach out and take her hand.

"It's okay. Don't worry. We'll think of something." I reassure her. She smiles at me weakly. I feel crushed on her behalf. She'd spent so much time and effort preparing for this day, only to have it flop at the last second.

"What do we do now?" She asks. I bite my lip and feel at a loss.

"First, we should tell everyone..." I say slowly. Hye Jin nods.

"Everyone..." I announce.

~

Hye Jin's POV

Du Sik and I make a billion phone calls that day, talking to the various vendors that we hired for our wedding.

"Flowers said they can give us a full refund."

"The bakery said they are willing to shift it to another day if it's agreeable with us."

"The decorations can be delivered over. They say that's an option."

At the end of it, we flop onto the couch, completely exhausted.

Du Sik reaches out to brush my hair away from my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks. His voice is so full of warmth and care that it starts to soothe my feelings of disappointment.

"I'm okay." I say. It's the truth. "I'm a bit disappointed. But that's only because I really really really really couldn't wait to marry you." I smile at Du Sik.

Du Sik hugs me tightly. I lean into his arms, feeling so safe in them. It's funny: if you had told me that my wedding would be ruined. I would have freaked out. But somehow, even though this is happening. I feel okay. Because Du Sik is here with me.

"Me too. I couldn't wait to show you off as my wife today." He says longingly. I can feel him smile. "The road will be fixed soon. And when it does, we'll head straight to Seoul." Du Sik says excitedly.

"Ah... I really want to marry you today." I whine.

"Can I just marry you, here and now?" Du Sik laughs.

"Really? In our pyjamas?" I ask him. Du Sik looks at me with amusement, a stark contrast from the stressed mode we were both in just moments ago. It's funny how being with the person you love can easily remove every hint of stress and worry.

"Of course not in our pyjamas." He laughs. "But you know, here in Gongjin?" He asks. "I know your dream wedding is to get married in Seoul," Du Sik starts.

I stop him mid sentence.

"I'd marry you anywhere. We could be in a desert or outer space or even at the bottom of the ocean and I wouldn't mind at all, as long as I get to marry you." I grin at him.

Du Sik's eyes smile.

He touches my face gently, his thumb running over my dimple.

"Shall we then?" He whispers. "Shall we get married? Today. Here. In Gongjin?"

"All I know is that I really want to marry you today." I smile back at him.

"Me too." He smiles and kisses me gently.

"Let's do it." I say excitedly.

"You're sure? I want to give you your dream wedding, you know?" Du Sik says.

I shake my head at him.

"As long as you're here with me, it's my dream wedding. It's a dream come true that I can call you my husband."

At that moment, someone knocks on the door.

"Oh?" Du Sik and I look at each other puzzled. We weren't expecting any visitors.

"Mi Seon?" I'm surprised to see Mi Seon standing at our front door. "What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Come on!" Mi Seon says excitedly and gestures for us to follow her.
"What?" I look at Du Sik. He's just as confused as I am.

"Faster! Come on!" Mi Seon drags us out of the house.

"Do you know what's going on?" Du Sik asks me. I shake my head.

"No idea."