Chapter 9: Two Aprons in the Kitchen

Hye Jin's POV

"Okay, that's the last of them." Mi Seon as she helps me heave boxes out of the house. "Hye Jin ah, you really have too many things." She chides.

"Thank you for helping me." I call as I follow her out of the house with several boxes in my hands.

"Wah," Mi Seon catches her breath and looks at the huge pile that we managed to haul out of the house. "If anyone says women aren't strong, I'm going to punch them in the face."

I laugh and sit on one of the boxes, completely exhausted.

"Will you be okay without me here?" I ask her, making a pouting face.

Mi Seon was more than supportive when I told her that Du Sik had asked me to move in with him. She said she could finally move around the house without having to see our public displays of affection. I laughed.

"Don't worry about me. It's not as if you're moving to the other end of the world." Mi Seon says but we both sense a smudge of sentiment.

"And besides, I'll be living with Eun Chul soon. Please come and visit our newly-wed house when the time comes." Mi Seon winks at me.

"Wah, Eun Chul sure does move fast when he wants to." I smirk at Mi Seon. She covers her blushing face.

A soft beep comes from the truck that approaches the house.

"Hello Chief Hong," Mi Seon waves at Du Sik who drives the moving lorry. He rented it out to help me move.

"I must ask Chief Hong," Mi Seon starts as we pile the truck with my things, "are you also charging minimum wage for helping us with the moving today?" Mi Seon asks. Both Du Sik and I laugh.

"What?" I say with amusement.

"Today my services are free of charge." Du Sik smiles. "Only for my fiancé, no other exceptions." He winks. He places an arm around my shoulder and draws me close to him.

The whole day is a whirlwind of unpacking boxes and organising them in their respective places in Du Sik's house. Once I'm done, I look around the house with satisfaction.

Du Sik comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"Good job. You must be tired." He whispers in my ear and kisses the side of my forehead gently. I lean into his embrace. My hands fold over his hands.

"I'm so happy." I say, peering around the house that now has hints of a newly wed house. Photos of Du Sik and I hang on the walls. There's a pretty white dressing table with wooden linings, where all my cosmetics sit. In the kitchen, my mugs and apron are happily settled there. The other half of Du Sik's cupboard now shares space with my clothes.

"I finally get to stay in your house." I say and turn to face Du Sik. He keeps his arms around me.

"It's not my house. It's our house." Du Sik says and caresses my cheek with his hand. Every touch is like a beautiful song. There's something so natural and soft about it.

I yawn sleepily. The rush from moving in has finally settled like snow melting on the ground and now I'm left with a heavy sense of fatigue.

"Come on, we should turn in early tonight. We have a lot to do tomorrow." He takes my hand and we go to our bedroom.

Tomorrow, we will be heading to Seoul to launch into the million and one things we need to do for the wedding. There's so much to do: dress fitting, wedding invitations, flowers and decorations, food and cake...

"Tomorrow will be a busy day." I smile sleepily when I am nestled in Du Sik's arms in our bed.

"And an exciting one." I can feel Du Sik smile.

"I'm so happy I don't need to say goodbye to you when the day ends from now on. You're right here." I grin happily and my eyes flutter shut. "Goodnight Jagiya." I whisper.

"Goodnight." Du Sik kisses my forehead softly and rocks me into a sweet sleep.