Chapter 51: Spring Has Arrived

Hye Jin's POV

The day of Mi seon's wedding is a beautiful spring day. All around, the flowers are in full bloom and reflect all the colours of the rainbow. The soft rays of sunlight illuminate Gongjin, giving it a shimmering glow.

After the fire incident, Mi seon and Eun chul decided to get married in a petite, white church that seems to glitter in the sun. Tall, stained windows bring light into the place and everything seems to glow with a brilliance. Wild white and pink flowers line the aisle and white chairs have been decked out neatly. At the altar, white tulle hangs down and is accompanied by fairy lights. It gives the entire place a whimsical feel. As if we've been transported to a magical place that's out of this world. The crew are still busy setting up when we arrive at the venue.

"Alright, we first need to get your hair and makeup done." I tell Mi seon as I look at the schedule I've written out.

"I'm so grateful I asked you to be my maid of honour. I would have never been able to keep to schedule." Mi seon says gratefully.

"Hye Jin ah!" I hear the wonderful sound of Du sik. I spin around and see him running towards me. Eun chul has asked Du sik to be the emcee for their wedding. Du sik holds a tuxedo in a clothes bag in his hands.

"Jagiya!" I exclaim happily. I wrap her arms around him. He's careful as always, mindful not to hug me too tightly with my bump showing more now.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks me. I nod and smile at him.

"Good morning Chief Hong." Mi seon smiles.

"Ah, the woman of the hour." Du sik smiles. "Congratulations." He says. Mi seon beams at him.

"I'll see you later okay? I need to help Mi seon get ready." I tell Du sik as I kiss him on the cheek before speeding off with Mi seon to the bridal room.

~

"Wah, you look stunning." I say as I put the finishing touches on Mi seon's makeup and hair. Mi seon glances into the mirror and stares at herself for a while.

"Yoon Hye Jin, you should really consider a career change." She says.

"Oh?" I ask her.

"Have you considered doing people's hair and makeup for a living? You're amazing at it!" Mi seon exclaims, unable to peel her eyes off her reflection.

"Do you like it?" I ask her excitedly.
"Like it? I LOVE IT!" Mi seon says and hugs me tightly. She exudes so much excitement and her smile is etched across her face.

"Go and put on your wedding dress! I want to see it all come together!" I say excitedly as Mi seon grins at me and disappears into the changing room.

"Alright, I'm coming out now." Mi seon announces. "Ready?" She asks me.

"Ready! Come out! I want to see you!" I say excitedly.

Mi seon steps out in a lovely white mermaid-style dress. The dress fits her like a glove and seems to exude a brilliant glow all around her. It's as if there's a constant spotlight on her.

"Oh my goodness." I clasp my hand around my mouth in awe.

"Why? Why? Is something wrong?" Mi seon asks, peering into the mirror.

"No, no." I smile and feel tears springing out of my eyes. "You're just so beautiful." I say, overcome with emotion and happiness on behalf of my dear friend.

"Are you crying?" Mi seon asks. "Don't cry. If you cry, then I'll cry too!" Mi seon whines and tears start to peek out of the corners of her eyes. Mi seon stretches out her arms to embrace me.

"Ah, no! Your dress! You'll crumple your dress!" I say in response as she tries to hug me.

"Ah, that doesn't matter!" Mi seon says as she hugs me tightly.

"I'm so happy for you! You're so beautiful!" I cry.

"I'm really crying now! My makeup!" Mi seon laughs as she hugs me back.

~

Eun chul's POV

"May everyone take their seats please. The wedding will be commencing soon." Chief Hong announces over the microphone. Through the curtain, I see everyone take their seats.

"Are you nervous?" Geum chul asks me.

"Of course not." I grin at him. I pull at my necktie nervously. "I just can't believe I'll have to walk in front of all those people later." I say. "What if I trip and fall the way you did on your wedding day?" I ask Geum chul. He glares at me as I remind him of the memory.

"Yah! My shoelaces were untied!" He argues. "And anyway," He grins at me. "Soon you're gonna have to come to me for advice when you have your own children, hm?" Geum chul says.

"If I need advice, I'll ask Chief Hong." I smile politely at him. Geum chul glares at me again.

"Aish, I'm not supposed to argue with the groom on his wedding day... but I really really want to." He sighs.

The music plays.

"That's your cue! That's your cue!" Geum chul says excitedly.