Chapter 18: Blue Waves

Du Sik's POV

I can't believe this is my real life when I open my eyes and see Hye Jin sleeping peacefully next to me. I feel so relaxed. There's a sense of completeness. I have everything I could ever want when I have her in my arms.

I pull the sheets over her and kiss her forehead gently.

I reach out for some clothes and pull them on.

Hye Jin's POV

The world is rosy when I wake up. A smile spreads itself across my face and I bury my face in my pillow in sheer, absolute, raw joy.

Wrapping myself in the blanket, I hop over to the closet and pull out some of my clothes to slip on.

When I walk out into the living room, Du Sik is over at the stove, busying himself with something. I walk behind him and put my arms around him. I rest my head on his back.

"Good morning." I say happily.

Du Sik's POV

I smile as I feel Hye Jin's arms wrap around me. I cover her hands with my hands, feeling the wedding band on her finger.

Joy is released into my entire being like butterflies being let loose. The array of vibrant colours fill my soul.

I turn around to face her.

"Good morning my love." I say as I kiss her.

Hye Jin's smile is etched across her face. We soak in the fountain of bliss that surrounds us.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks me, leaning her chin against my chest.

I kiss the top of her head.

"Of course." I smile and hug her tightly.

"Are you working today?" I ask her.

"No, why?" Hye Jin looks up at me.

Every time she looks at me, it's as if a sweet melody starts playing in the background. My heart stirs. I forget everything around me. All I want to do is feel her lips against mine.

I tilt my head down and brush my lips against her.
"I want to show you something." I smile and stroke her hair gently.

~

Hye Jin's POV

Du Sik holds my hand as we walk up the hill. I remember the first time I walked up this hill. It was with Hwa Jeong to find the 'realtor'. Never would I have guessed that this 'realtor' would be my husband, the love of my life.

"Do you remember?" I ask Du Sik.

"Hmm?" Du Sik asks.

"The first time I met you here" I laugh.

"I remember. You looked so confused when I said I was the realtor. You even thought I was trying to scam you." Du Sik laughs.

"How was I supposed to know that you literally did everything around here in Gongjin?" I say.

"Except fixing teeth." He replies.

"Ah yes. It's a good thing you don't. If not I could not have stayed to start my clinic here."

"I think you would have stayed after you saw how dashing Gongjin's Chief Hong is." Du Sik grins a boyish smile at me.

"What?" I laugh.

"Oh! We're getting close!" Du Sik says excitedly.

He leads me up to the very top of the hill where his grandfather's boat rests.