Chapter 28: Set Ablaze

Du Sik's POV

"Jagiya?" I hear Hye Jin call me from the room. I drop everything I'm doing and rush over.
"Hye Jin ah?" I burst into the room. She sits up in the bed and has the usual blush in her cheeks. "Are you feeling better?" I ask as I sit next to her.

"Yes, I feel much better." Hye Jin says as she rubs her head. "Was I asleep for a very long time?" She asks.

"About two hours." I say, peering at the clock.

"Ah, I don't know what happened." Hye Jin sighs, holding her hands up to her cheeks. "I was fine for one moment and then the next moment..." Hye Jin sighs.

"Do you want to see the doctor?" I ask her and run my hands through my hair.
"It's okay." Hye Jin smiles at me. "I feel perfectly fine now."

~

Hye Jin's POV

"Are you sure you're okay? We don't need to open the clinic today, you know?" Mi seon asks me.

"I'm okay. I'm really okay." I reassure her.

"Are you sure your body can handle it? You looked awfully pale yesterday." Mi seon insists. "You don't need to come with me to book my wedding venue today." She adds.

With Mi seon's wedding come by soon, as her maid of honour, I've been busy accompanying her from place to place: choosing the wedding dress, the flowers, the invitations...

"Yah! Pyo Mi seon!" I exclaim. "I'm your maid of honour, how can I not accompany you today!' I say.

"And besides, I'm really feeling better. I can't wait for your wedding!" I squeal. Mi seon joins me and claps her hands happily.

"Wah, I really can't believe it... how did I get such an amazing guy like Choi Eun chul!" Mi seon holds her hands up dramatically.

"Hye Jin ah, pinch my cheeks." Mi seon asks me.

"Pinch your cheeks?" I parrot that odd request and pinch her cheeks. She screams and jumps up, holding her cheek in pain.

"Yah! You didn't need to pinch me so hard!" Mi seon says as I laugh softly. "Ah but that doesn't matter." Mi seon says happily. "Because it's real! It's real! I'm actually going to marry Eun chul in a few weeks time!!" She squeals.

"Oh, is today a good day? Why does everyone seem so happy?" Du sik smiles as he comes into the dental clinic.

"Jagiya!" I exclaim, surprised to see him. "What are you doing here? Does your tooth hurt?" I ask, concerned.

"Ah yes it hurts really badly." Du Sik says and pouts in an adorable manner.

"What?" I'm shocked. "Come on, this way." I say as I quickly push him into the surgical room.

"That's weird... I don't see anything wrong with your teeth..." I mutter to myself as I examine his teeth. Du sik opens his mouth like a good boy and follows me with his eyes.

"Where did you say the pain was again?" I ask him, completely perplexed. I can't find anything wrong with his teeth.

"Here." Du sik says and points to the corner of his mouth.

"Where?" I ask, looking closely. I lean forward, trying to get a better look at his teeth. With my face closer to his, Du Sik lifts his chin up and kisses me. He grins at me cheekily and looks very happy with himself.

"What?" I laugh, blushing immediately.

"My teeth are perfectly fine. I just wanted to see you." Du sik says as he sits up in the dental chair.