Chapter 43: Sleeping Soundly

Hye Jin's POV

"What do you want for lunch?" I ask Mi seon.

"I think I'd better walk to the store to buy our lunch." Mi seon says as she gets up and stretches.

"Why? I can just order and have it delivered here. It's so much easier." I say.

"I can walk over and get it." Mi seon insists. "We save on delivery fee and aigoo, I need to exercise. I haven't been exercising and it's going to show when I wear my wedding dress!" Mi seon exclaims and stares at her reflection in the mirror.

"What are you talking about? You look perfect already." I say.

"No, no." Mi seon shakes her head dramatically. "I've gained tons of weight." She says and picks up her wallet.

"What do you want for lunch? Naengmyeon?" Mi seon says and hi-5s me before heading off.

"Agi-ah, we're having naengmyeon today, okay?" I whisper to my bump.

"Oh!" I look up as I hear the clinic doors open. "Hello, I'm so sorry but we're closed for lunch." I say politely to the patient who enters the clinic.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Dr Yoon. I left something behind, I just came to pick it up." The patient says.

"Oh, I see! The room is this way." I say, ushering him to the operating room.

"I'm so sorry Dr Yoon," The patient says before he enters the room. "But I ran all the way here. Is it okay if I get a cup of water?" He asks me.

"Sure." I say and go off to the waiting area to get him a cup.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" I ask the patient as he emerges from the operating room empty handed.

"I must have left my belongings somewhere else." He says.

"May I ask what you are looking for? If I see it, I could contact you." I offer.

"Oh no. It's okay. I'm sure I left it somewhere else." He says before heading off.

"Oh, wait! But your water!" I call out for him as he hurries out of the clinic.

"That was weird. I thought he wanted water." I shrug and put the cup aside.

I sit down and look at the Gongjin sea from the window. It's really a beautiful sight.

"Agi-ah, I hope you like the beach." I say endearingly. I sniffle a yawn and I rub my neck.

"Ah, why am I suddenly so tired." I yawn. My eyelids feel as heavy as lead. I lean back into the chair as a blanket of sleep draws over me.

~

Du Sik's POV

"Chief Hong!" Nam suk runs after me.

"Oh?" I ask her.

"Chief Hong, I know today is your off day but -" Nam suk starts.

"Ah, I have one policy and you know what that is right?" I say.

"I know, I know." Nam suk nods. "But Chief Hong-"

"Chief Hong!" Chun jae's voice erupts through the streets of Gongjin. "Chief Hong!" Chun jae is breathless. "Could you- Could you spare two hours, no just one hour of your time-"

"I called him first!" Nam suk interrupts him.

"Aish." I sigh as I try to escape.

"Chief Hong!" They call out and run after me.

"Aish, today is my day off." I sigh.

"Then where are you headed to with the ladder and paint?" Nam suk asks, glancing at the equipment in my hands.

"Oh this?" I suddenly break into a smile. "I'm going to paint my baby's room today." I say happily.

"Aish, I really want to ask him to help out today, but look at how happy he is." Chun jae tells Nam suk.

"I know right. He looks like he's won the lottery." Nam suk comments.