Chapter 52: A Thousand Butterflies

Eun Chul's POV

"Let us invite the dashing groom Choi Eun chul!" Chief Hong announces.

Feeling excitement flutter in my being like a thousand butterflies, I step out onto the aisle. As I walk down the aisle, I feel the warmth of family, the warmth of Gongjin. My heart feels so full. I can't wipe the smile off my face. This is the day I've been waiting for. After many many internet searches on how to be a boyfriend, I've learnt to ultimately follow my heart.

And my heart is full of Mi seon. It's almost as if I can't contain the love I feel for her in my heart. In the same way that you can't contain the ocean in a single pail, neither can I. I just overflow with love for her everyday.

"And now, let us welcome the beautiful bride, Pyo Mi seon." Chief Hong announces the arrival of the bride. My bride. My wife soon to be.

Bo ra walks down the aisle, happily throwing flowers in all directions. Her parents look proudly at her with Eun ra in their arms.

Behind Bo ra, Dr Yoon comes as the maid of honour. She wears a light blue dress that matches the shade of the ocean on a clear day. I sneak a glance at Chief Hong and it's evident that Chief Hong has almost stopped breathing at the sight of his beautiful wife.

My heart skips a beat as Mi seon appears, accompanied by her father. Our eyes meet and immediately we both break out into a smile. She's absolutely stunning. She's the definition of beauty, love and kindness. I never take my eyes off the entire time she walks down the aisle. As she comes closer to me, my heart swells with happiness. I never knew I could get so lucky. I thank the stars and have never felt so grateful for rotisserie chicken.

Mi seon's father smiles at me as he places her hand in mine. Our eyes lock and Mi seon smiles brightly at me. I can't take my eyes off her.

"Do you Choi Eun Chul, take Mi seon as your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold? In sickness and in health, in wealth and in poverty, in good times and in bad times? Will you always love her and protect her?"

"I do."

"And do you, Pyo Mi Seon, take Eun chul as your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? In sickness and in health, in wealth and in poverty, in good times and in bad times? Will you always love him and protect him?"

"I do."

"May I have the rings?"

Il-jun comes down the aisle proudly as the ring bearer. Standing with Dr Yoon, Bo ra beams at him and waves at him.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Everyone cheers as I hold Mi seon in my arms and kiss her for the first time as her husband and her as my wife.

~

"Let us now welcome Mr and Mrs Choi Eun chul!" Chief Hong announces as Mi seon and I enter the reception hall as one, as a married couple.

Everyone pops party pops, sending confetti flying everywhere as we make our way into the room. Mi seon laughs and leans close to me. I hold her hand in mine and beam at our family and friends. The atmosphere of cheer and love surround us like a warm hug.