Chapter 54: On The Dance Floor

Ju ri's POV

People have started dancing on the dance floor. Mi seon and Eun chul spin happily in the centre of the dance floor.

"Ju ri, do you want to dance with Appa?" My dad asks me happily.

"Aish, I don't know how to dance." I say.

"I can teach you! Come on! It'll be fun!" My dad says.

Before I can respond, one of DOS's songs starts playing.

"OH MY! OH MY! DOS! DOS!" I shriek in excitement.

"Ah, my ears are going to explode." My dad sighs as he covers his ears in response to my shrieking.

"DOS! DOS! I LOVE YOU DOS!" I exclaim as I start singing along with the lyrics.
"Want to dance?" A familiar voice comes from behind and I spin around.

"Dae Hyun?" I gasp, surprised to see him.

"I requested for this song." He gives me a boyish grin.

"Oh? But I thought you don't know who DOS is..." My voice trails off.

"Well..." Dae Hyun rubs his neck shyly. "After a girl I liked yelled at me for not knowing who DOS is, I figured I needed to know who they are." He says.

"A girl... A girl you want?" The words tumble out of my mouth.
"A girl I like." Dae Hyun says shyly.

"Yah! Who! Who are you!" My dad starts bumbling in words of shock. I glare at him.

"Come on, let's go." I smile at him, feeling smitten.

"Yah! Oh Ju ri! Come back here!" I hear my dad call me from behind.

Chun Jae's POV

"Yah! Oh Ju ri!" I gasp as I watch her follow a guy to the dance floor. "Who! Who is!" I say in shock as I get up, ready to drag my daughter away.

"Yah! Let them be!" I feel a slap come down on my shoulder as Nam suk slaps me.

"Ah! That hurts!" I whine.

"Let Ju ri have some fun." Nam suk says as she watches Ju ri and the boy.

"Are you kidding me? She's too young to have a boyfriend!" I protest.

"Aish, this is why they say fathers are way too protective for their daughter's own good. She doesn't have a boyfriend! She's just talking to the other gender." Nam suk rolls her eyes at me.

"Really? Are you sure?" I say, peering at Ju ri who laughs along with the boy.

"She's fine. Look, they're just talking. See, over there?" Nam suk laughs at me. "So just sit down and watch them."

"Huh? Watch them?" I ask her.

"OF COURSE! Watch them! MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING FUNNY WITH JU RI!" Nam suk says with determination.

"You're finally saying something I like to hear. Okay! Good idea!" I agree as we both stare at Ju ri and the boy.

Hye Jin's POV

I pat my chest, feeling uncomfortable as my stomach stirs.

"Are you okay?" Du sik asks me.

"I'm okay." I say, drinking some water. "I think I ate too fast. I feel really stuffy here." I sigh, feeling the side effects of pregnancy.

"Come on, let's get some air." Du sik smiles as he holds a hand out to me. I follow him out of the reception hall and into the cool air of the night.

"Wah, look at the stars." I gaze in amazement at the thick velvet night sky with twinkling lights.

"Isn't the Gongjin sky beautiful?" Du sik smiles.

"It is." I smile, gazing at it. Du Sik turns to look at me.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"You're the brightest star of them all." He whispers sweetly. I blush, still feeling butterflies every now and then.

"Ah, you." I laugh, trying to cover my blushing face.

"Soon," Du sik says, drawing my hand away from my face. "It'll be the three of us." He smiles happily.

My hand goes over my bump and I smile at that thought.

"Can you imagine?" I ask him. "This time next year, we'll have our little Seon ho with us." I beam.

"Ah! I'm too excited!" Du sik says happily and flashes a boyish grin. He draws off his jacket and puts it around me.

"Now we'll have three pairs of shoes at the door." Du sik smiles. "Aigoo, unless he's just like his mommy and buys many many pairs of shoes." Du sik teases me.

"Yah!" I laugh. "I just hope our little Seon ho doesn't start stealing the dry squid that they hang up, like a certain someone when he was young." I grin at Du sik.

Du sik heartily. He takes a deep breath and small tears peak out of his eyes.

"Are you crying?" I smile with amusement. Du sik laughs as he wipes the tears out of the corners of his eyes.

"I..." He starts and his voice is full of sentiment. "I was just thinking of those days when I grew up without my parents... without my harabeoji..." Du Sik says and I move closer to him, placing my hand on his back and gently stroke it.

"I had the neighbours, I had Ms Gam ri, and I'm grateful, so grateful for all of them... But there was always a small part of me that didn't feel like I had an actual family, you know?" Du sik says with a smile on his face. He turns to look at me.

"But now, I have you. And you're carrying this miracle." He says as he touches my bump. "Thank you." He whispers. "For being my family. For giving me a family." He whispers.

My eyes are lit up with tears. I smile gently at him, feeling so much love pour out of me for him.

Leaning forward, I kiss him. Our hearts connect and draw closer to each other, as if they were attached together by a string.