Chapter 40: Paint the Town Blue

Hye Jin's POV

Du sik looks at me excitedly. He holds my hand in his and he's trying his best to give a composed smile. On the inside, he's bursting with excitement like a firecracker. We're at the gynaecologist today to find out the gender of our baby. The lube cream feels cold against my bump.

"Very good. Your baby has a very steady heartbeat and all your vitals are within a good range." The doctor says and smiles at us.

"We will know the gender of our baby today, right doctor?" Hye Jin asks as she stares at the screen in amazement.

"Yes. You will." The doctor says. I turn to look at Du sik. His eyes are fixed on the screen in front of us that shows the outline of our baby resting peacefully in my womb. His eyes flutter down to me as I look at him and he beams at me.

The doctor gives us a folded piece of paper in an envelope.

"So this contains the gender of our baby?" I clarify once again.

"Yes." The doctor smiles at us.

I hold the envelope in my hand in awe, as if it were a glowing treasure map.

"Congratulations once again." The doctor says as we head out.

"Wah, I'm so nervous." I say as I hold the envelope in my hand. It feels like a delicate, fragile flower in my hand. "I can't do this. You open it." I say as I pass the envelope to Du sik.

"Are you sure?" Du sik asks me. I nod.

As Du sik opens it slowly, I look at it intently. Du sik dramatically pulls the paper from the envelope and unfolds it.

"Hye Jin!" He exclaims in delight and shows me the paper.

"We're having a BOY!" I squeal in delight. Du sik kisses the piece of paper and holds it up like a prize that he has won.

"We're having a boy." He gasps and hugs me tightly.

"I can't wait!" I say, still allowing the ecstasy to settle into my nerves. "I can't wait to see a mini Hong Du sik running around." I gush. The sheer level of cuteness of that thought raises my spirits. I'm in the clouds. I'm soaring and flying in the sky and my heart is overflowing with love.

"Wah, I sure hope he takes after you." Du sik says as he starts driving with a smile plastered across his face.
"Do you have any thoughts on names?" I ask Du sik.

"Du sik junior?" Du sik jokes.

"Aish, then he may actually be as mischievous as you." I joke.

"Ju ri would definitely insist that we call him JUNE." Du sik says.

"Oh no, no, no." I laugh and shakes my head.

"Mmm..." I think. "How about..." I think aloud. "Ji pyeong?" I ask.

"You mean that name we saw from the advertisement during our honeymoon in Seoul?" Du sik asks.

"I just suddenly thought of it because he looked so much like you." I laugh.

"Mmm... How about..." I start thinking again. I brighten up immediately as a name comes to mind.

"Seon ho?" I ask Du sik. "I really like that name."

Du sik turns to look at me and smiles.

"Seon ho. Hong Seon ho." Du sik tests the name out.

"I like it. I really like it. It has a really nice ring to it." He says happily.

"Agi-ah," I say as I stroke my bump. "Do you like that name?" I smile, feeling an overwhelming sense of bliss.