Evelyn's POV:

I got dressed and walked downstairs. My mom was trying to make the weekends more fun so she started making waffles every Saturday. Today she was wearing a 1950s housewife style dress. Like everything she wears, it looked incredible on her. Her red hair was done up in a curled bob making it look like she had actually cut her hair.

"Wow Mom, you went full-on Donna Reed this morning."

"I thought I'd get into the spirit of things"

"Well, you look amazing"

"Thank you, Evelyn" She smiled.

We ate breakfast and talked about the Avengers and my new school.

After breakfast I went back to my room and made my bed. I laid down, put in my earbuds and played My Kind of Woman again. I had listened to it for an hour straight yesterday, but now it reminded me of Peter, and I liked that. It softly rang through my earbuds. I laid there staring at the ceiling, listening to a song that reminded me of my best friend. I thought about what Peter wrote this morning. I felt my cheeks warm at the memory of his note.

My dearest Evelyn,

Thank you for your hospitality. And thank you for keeping your promise.

Sincerely,

Your Bartholomew.

I smiled. He's truly great.

Later that day I tried to study for an upcoming English test. Not that I needed to, I often read classics for fun and English is my best subject, but my head was busy. With what, I don't know, but still. So I decided to go for a walk to clear my head. I put on my shoes and grabbed my coat. Except, it wasn't my coat. It was Peters. He had left it here this morning in a rush to leave before my parents woke up. Without really thinking I put it on and left the house.

I walked alone on the smooth sidewalk. It was October now, meaning one thing. Homecoming was coming up. How embarrassing would it be for me to go to Homecoming alone? I couldn't bear the thought. Showing up without a date? Everyone would laugh at me, I'd be an outcast. If I wasn't one already.

Of course, there was one person I could go with. One guy. Peter. But he probably already has a date. I continued walking, my head in the clouds. Before long I found myself outside of Peters' apartment building. Is that what my mind is busy with? 

Well, I'm already here, so I might as well return his coat. I thought to myself.

I walked up to his apartment and knocked three times. Before long, Peter was standing in front of me.

"Uh, hi." he said opening the door wider so I could come in. I did. "So, what's up?"

"Uh, you uh left this at my house." I said taking off the jacket quickly.

"Oh, thanks!" he said taking it from my outstretched hand and giving me a half-smile.

"Sure. Um, that's all." I said smiling again.

"Okay," Peter said, opening the door for me. "Thanks again" he said before shutting the door.

I leaned against the wall right next to his door and covered my face with my hands, embarrassed about my sudden inability to speak without stuttering every five seconds. What happened to me? Why can't I speak around him? Why can't I look him in the eye? What the hell is wrong with me?

I walked home, still beating myself up about it. Why am I such an idiot? "Uh yeah, I uh uh uh uh" I mocked myself. I'm such an idiot! I thought.