The end of the school day finally came and I walked to my locker, removing my coat and putting it on.

I threw my bag over my shoulders and closed my locker. I walked out of the front doors, wincing when the cold winter wind blew across my face. I continued to walk when Peter caught up to me.

"Hey!" I said turning to him.

"How did you do that?"

"What? The rope thing?" I looked around us quickly. "I started combat training when I was 7. The same year I started working on my strength with Steve. He taught me how to hold up my own body weight, and then some, for at least 45 minutes. I look weak, but that's the point. I'm a lot stronger then I look in order to trick whoever I'm fighting. In this case, it was Flash, though he wasn't very difficult to beat" We both laughed.

"I didn't know you started training that young"

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Parker" I said smiling, my ponytail bouncing as I turned my head to face him.

He walked me to the corner of my street and we said goodbye before he walked the other direction to his apartment building. It started to snow as I watched Peter walk away.

I got home soon after, my hair sprinkled with pure white snowflakes. I kicked off my shoes and hung up my coat. I walked up to my room and sat down at my desk. I open my bag and pull out my homework.

♡♡♡

Saturday, Christmas eve...

That morning I put on a pair of jeans and a sweater. I put on my converse, even though there was snow on the ground. I sat in the back of the car as my mom drove, my dad in the passenger seat.

I smiled as they sung Yakety Yak by The Coasters. It was their wedding song apparently. They always played it on their wedding anniversary and hummed it for weeks afterwards.

We got to the Avengers Compound just after Yakety Yak ended.

My mom turned to me just before I opened the door. "Now Evelyn, you will be allowed into the meeting- that's why you're with us- but first your dad and I need to have a talk with everyone else. Okay?"

"So you guys will have a meeting then I'll be allowed into the next one?"

"Yes. But you'll have to be on the second floor while we have the first meeting, I'll text you when you can come up to the third floor"

"Okay" We all got out of the car and walked in. I stood in the elevator with them until we reached the second floor. When I got out I saw Peter sitting down on a blue couch. "Oh, hi. You're Peter, right?" I said holding my hand up, pointing at him. I waited until I heard the elevator doors close and I smiled. "Is anyone else down here?"

"Nope. Just me." He smiled back and I ran over quickly, flopping down beside him.