Evelyn's POV:

He doesn't have a date. Oh, my god he doesn't have a date. I read his mind again.

Peter's mind:

Now's your chance Peter, ask her. Ask her, before it's too late. Come on, do it. Just ask her.

I left his mind.

"Do you, maybe want to go with me?" He asked, clearly nervous about what my answer would be.

I looked over at him, a smile growing on my face. "I'd love to."

The somewhat nervous look on his face withered away into a happy expression. "Cool."

"Cool." I responded, looking back out at the sunset. We sat there for a half-hour, not speaking. But it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence.

That night he walked me home again. Stopping at the end of the street, but waiting until he saw me open the front door and walk inside.

I thought about what he said two days ago. "I'm your dirty little secret"  It was kind of true, okay it was completely true. I hadn't told my parents that it was a boy that I was studying with, or that he slept over last night, let alone the fact that he slept in my bed-- or that we ended up in each other's arms sometime in the night. But now I had another secret to add to my list. We're going to Homecoming together. Just as friends, but still.

It was kind of fun having a secret. I had told my parents that I was studying with a girl named MJ. It wasn't a total lie, she was a real person and I've met her before too. I'll probably just tell my parents that I'm going to Homecoming with her and a group of girls.

♡♡♡

(btw Evelyn's dress is the one Rory from Gilmore Girls wore to her dance at Chilton, also Evelyn has the same hairstyle)

Two weeks later, Homecoming night:

I had gone out shopping for a dress, my mom obviously couldn't come, as much as she wanted to. I had picked out the most beautiful blue dress, the bodice was silk and the skirt was made of tulle. It was the perfect length and everything. My mom did my hair for me and it looked perfect. I did my own makeup because it was just mascara and little eyeliner. I brought a small blue purse that matched the colour of my dress. I was ready for the dance.

I put on my new high heels which had thin silver straps.

 I told my parents I was going to meet a group of girls at the school and was walking there. They had an Avengers meeting so they were leaving before me and wouldn't be home until tomorrow night.

I walked to the end of the street and turned the corner. That's when I saw Peter, looking the other way.

He turned around when he heard the soft sound of my high heels against the sidewalk.

I couldn't help but notice how good he looked in a suit, and I'd be lying to myself if I said I never thought he looked good. I looked him up and down quickly, slow enough to take him in fully but fast enough so he hopefully wouldn't notice. "Wow, you look gorgeous" he said.

I could feel myself smile really big. "Thank you, you look very handsome."

"Thanks," he said still looking at my face, the smile on his growing a little wider.

"What?" I laughed lightly.

"You know you have a little dimple on your right cheek that shows when you smile real big or when you're laughing really hard. I've always thought it was cute." 

"No, actually I didn't know that." My smile didn't falter, if anything it grew a little bigger. He thought it was cute? He thought I was cute? Is this a dream? Is this even real?

He opened up the small plastic box that he was holding and took out the corsage. I held out my hand and he placed it on my wrist. We walked arm and arm to Midtown Tech. The school was only two blocks away from my house so it wasn't too long of a walk. I was excited about the dance, even if we were just going as friends. I wish it was a real date. Maybe it was?

When we got to the school, we could hear the music from outside. We dropped our arms back to our sides and walked in. There were streamers and balloons everywhere.

"Do you want me to get you a drink?"

"Sure"

"Okay, I'll be right back" Peter left my side and I wandered over and stood in front of the bleachers.

A boy came up to me, I think his name is Paul, "You think he likes you now? Wait until he sees you without any makeup on" he said.

"I'm only wearing mascara and a little eyeliner" I said, a little offended.

"Holy crap you're beautiful!"

"Thank you?" I wasn't sure how to take it since he was clearly drunk. Wait, how did he get drunk? Everyone here is like 16?! Oh, god somebody spiked the punch.

Paul stumbled away just as Peter was coming back with two small cups of punch.

"Was he bothering you?"

"No, I'm alright. Have you had any punch yet?"

A/N

I'm now realizing that the scene with the Paul guy sounds kinda weird but I wanted to keep it in because it's a reference to one of my favourite shows, (second only to The Office) How I Met Your Mother. (Also it's importantish to the plot so that's why I kept it in) 

The scene is between Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders) when Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) and Robin are talking about moving in together.