"What was that about anyway?" Peter asked when we were in the library, already browsing.

"Flash thinks that I'm in love with him or something, so he tried to ask me out. Like a million times."

"Why would he think that you like him?"

"Because he thought I was looking at him in English class."

"You weren't?"

"Obviously not! Gross!" I laughed.

"Well then who were you looking at?"

"You, dummy"

"I know I just wanted to hear you say it"

"For your ego?" I said, sarcastically. 

"Exactly" He grinned.

♡♡♡

We had sat at a table, studying side by side for almost the entire period. We left early because we both had our next class on the other side of the school. Just before we reached the door it occurred to me that I should tell him about what MJ said this morning. I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him off to the left.

We stood in between two bookshelves.

"I need to tell you something"

"What's wrong?"

 I peaked around the shelves and made sure that no one was around to hear us talking.

I lowered my voice so that Peter could barely hear me. He leaned in to hear better, which made my stomach tingle. "I was walking to school with MJ this morning and she told me that she saw on the news that 'The Avengers and some other people were fighting at an airport in Germany'."

"What? Does she know?"

"No, I don't think she does, I mean, we were both wearing masks. But I just- I don't understand-" I sighed. "How did they get footage? I mean, it was a very short clip--hardly 10 seconds-- but still. I thought that Tony would've hacked their cameras" I whispered even quieter. It was a miracle that Peter could hear me. Though I guess his spidey sense helps his hearing.

"So what do we do?"

"I don't know. I'll tell Tony about it during our next meeting."

"Good idea." He said, nodding slightly and looking around the library. 

I lift my hand to his cheek and turn his face back towards me and kiss him. After a short moment, I lean back onto my heels and walk out of the library. I could feel him watching me as I walked away and blended in with the swarm of students leaving their previous classes.

I walked across the school and into the girl's locker room to change for gym class.

I changed quickly and sat down on the bench to tie my shoes. 

Liz was close to me, leaning against a wall with a group of girls around her. She was talking about Flash asking her out, to dinner and a movie. Sounds like someone has a bit of a pattern. I stood up after I tied my shoes. 

"Oh, did Flash ask you out too? He's so clueless" I said rolling my eyes. When everyone turned to me and gave me a shocked look, I realized the error of my ways. My hand lifted and touched my mouth for a moment. They were excited for her. She had said yes. She liked Flash. And now I had informed her that she was his second choice. Second to me.

Shit.