(Evelyn's POV)

That night we went to bed a few hours early, so we could wake up and go somewhere. Just before we went to bed it occurred to me that I could just read his mind, but that wouldn't be fair to Peter. Plus, I haven't had someone surprise me in a while so I was really excited.

Peter left the hotel room quietly. When he came back, I heard a couple of strange noises. I sat up just as he was zipping up his backpack.

"Hey"

"Hi" I said, getting up, and out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and changed. It was 6 am. The sun wasn't even up yet, so why was I?

I brushed my teeth and put in a pair of small gold hoops. I was wearing jeans and a sweater because today was supposed to be warm.  I decided to bring my polaroid to document our trip. We left shortly after and walked for a while.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see"

We kept walking for what felt like miles until we reached a building.

"Let me guess, you bought me a building? Starting your world take-over early?" I joked.

"The building is part of it, come on." He took my hand and we walked upstairs to the roof. He took a blanket out of his backpack and put it on the ground. It was a picnic. The surprise was a picnic. I grinned. This is beyond adorable.

"A picnic?" I said sitting down, placing my camera in between Peter and I.

"That's not all" he said, sitting across from me. He pulled his backpack onto his lap. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands"

"Okay..." I said, doing what he told me. Then, I felt something heavy in my hands.

"You can open your eyes now."

When I did I saw something that was wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper with a ribbon tied around it.

"Merry early Christmas!" He smiled back at me, clearly excited to see me open it.

I untied the ribbon and put it in my pocket. It was a book. But it wasn't just any book, it was Daisy Jones & The Six, my favourite book. I gasped. "I can't believe you remembered! Oh my god!" I could feel my cheeks beginning to warm. I hugged him tightly. I sat back after a bit. This was the English version, but it had a different cover than the one at home did. I couldn't stop smiling. "Oh thank you thank you thank you!! It's so beautiful!" I hugged him again.

"You're welcome, but that's not all"

"What?" He pulled out another wrapped gift, identical to the one before. He handed it to me, a smile plastered across his face. I unwrapped it, again putting the ribbon in my pocket. It was another copy of Daisy Jones & The Six, but this one was in German. "Oh my god!! You got me a German one too!!" I said, not being able to hold in my excitement. I kissed him, then hugged him again. "You're the best boyfriend in the whole wide world!! I love them so much!! Thank you Peter" It felt weird to call him my boyfriend, but I liked it.

"One more thing" He pulled the bread out of his backpack.

"And you got me bread!!" I said as Peter picked up my camera and snapped a picture of me. I took a photo of him too. I also took pictures of the view.

We split the Baggette in half and ate it, talking about everything and nothing while watching the sunrise.

Best. Surprise. Ever.

This chapter took me so long to write because I've been listening to All Too Well by: Taylor Swift (Taylors Version) (10 minute version) all day long, so it's so hard (that's what she said) to write a happy romance rn.

WAIT I'M STILL LISTENING TO IT AND IT STARTED SNOWING AT THE PART "I still remember the first fall of snow, and how it glistened as it fell" AHHHHHHHHHHH

p.s. fuck Jake Gyllenhaal