32

(Peter's POV)

I was glad that she liked the books, but I decided to keep Dune and the ring for Christmas day, or close to that because I probably won't see her on Christmas day, since everyone thinks that we met for the first time just a few days ago.

We only had two days left in Germany. I know that I want to take her out to dinner tonight, and we'd probably go shopping for some souvenirs. 

That night:

We were getting ready to go out for dinner. While she was changing in the bathroom I put Dune and the ring back in my drawer.

After Dinner:

Though we walked to the restaurant, we got a taxi home.

Evelyn was wearing a beautiful red dress that went down a little past her knees. She was wearing a pair of black heels that made her a lot closer to my height. In the back of the taxi, I draped my black blazer around her arms, and she fell asleep on my shoulder.

I woke her up just as we arrived outside of the hotel. We paid the driver and left a generous tip. We walked through the lobby, and I noticed that the same woman that checked us in was watching us with a knowing eye. I just hope that she doesn't tell Mr. Stark about us, because even if Evelyn was kidding, I think that Mr. Stark really would come back to Germany and beat me up until I ended up like Rhodey.

That was too soon, sorry.

We walked into our room and Evelyn flopped onto the bed, falling asleep almost instantly.
I took her shoes off for her and tucked her in, leaving a kiss on her head just like I did back when I stayed at her place for the first time. I'm almost glad that she doesn't know that I did that, it's kind of embarrassing for some reason.

A/N

I know these are short, I have to do some awkward spacing chapters, but I have a nice little scene all planned out that'll be soon, and then after that, I have a HUGE(ish?) THING HAPPENING! AKKKK

You probably already know what cuz it's kind of predictable in Marvel fanfics but what the hay, I'm going to do it.

Anyway, I'm basically saying that the next few chapters will most likely just be fluff as a gap period between Civil War and the next thing, because both events take up more than one chapter.

So enjoy the next few romantic-comedy like chapters. (meaning predictable and cheesy)