We were standing over by a counter now. We've been waiting for 15 minutes. We were sharing stories from our childhood.

"So in the second grade I was upset because I was homeschooled, and I had recently watched a movie with a school dance in it, so I thought I'd never get to go to one because I didn't go to a real school. So, they turned the compound into a school dance. I went shopping for a dress with my mom and Natasha, we bought the dress in my size and I loved it so much I tried it on when we got home. Turns out the lady at the shop messed up and gave us the wrong size dress and it was too big, so I decided to go into the cupboard and take out the bag of marshmallows that was in there. I had eaten half of it before my mom came in and asked what the hell I was doing. I told her I needed to fit into my dress, she laughed and said we would go get a new one and took the bag away from me. " We laughed.

Peter noticed a slightly open window and walked over to shut it. He accidentally shut his finger in the window.

"Ow," He said under his breath, looking down at his finger.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah" He said. Something about his tone made me not trust his answer. I looked over at him and saw crimson blood on his hand.

"Did you cut yourself?" I asked beginning to worry.

"A little, it's fine." He said dismissing it and covering his hand.

I took a step forward and grabbed his hand. "Peter, your bleeding." I looked up into his eyes, worriedly.

"It's fine" He said trying to pull his hand away from me but I held on tighter.

"No, it's not. You need a bandage, come here." I started to lead him away, still holding his hand, careful not to touch the cut. I lead him into the first aid room. I walked over to a counter and stopped. Peter dropped his hand to his side, standing close behind me. Close enough to feel the warmth coming from his body.

I removed a bandage from a drawer and started to open the package. I grabbed his hand again and held his arm against my body with my elbow while I wrapped up his hand. I paused for a moment, looking at his hand. He had a small scar on his palm and what looked like torn stitches on his finger, which was what made his finger bleed when he pinched it in the window. The mark ran halfway down his finger. What the hell did he get himself into?

When I finished bandaging his hand he wrapped his arms around me and placed his head on my shoulder. He pulled me up slightly and held me tightly against him and I placed my hands on top of his, leaning my head back against his shoulder.

"Thank you" he said quietly.

"You're welcome, Peter." We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, before I turned around and looked at him. "How did that happen?" I asked, my eyes darting down to his hand then back up at his face.

"I just," He paused, conjuring up a lie. "fell off my skateboard, that's all. It's nothing. You don't need to worry." He cracked a smile while hiding his hand behind his back.

"You don't get stitches halfway down your finger from falling off your skateboard. Plus, I noticed other scars on your hands. Tell me the truth." He looked at the ground. Realization hit me like a brick wall and I straightened. "Tell me you didn't. Peter! You're not supposed to be doing any fighting for another week! You're supposed to be taking it easy since what happened at the airport in Germany." I whisper- yelled so that no one would hear us.

He looked at me with sorry eyes. "I'm sorry." He said quietly and I pulled him down into a tight hug, my arms wrapped around his neck, his around my waist.

"It's okay" I whispered back. "Just stop getting yourself into trouble. I don't like seeing you hurt." I pulled away, my hands still resting on his shoulders. "If being Spider-Man is putting you in this much danger, that you have scars all over--" I wasn't going to tell him that he had to stop being Spider-Man because it wasn't up to me. But I just wanted him to be safe. "just promise me that you're being careful and aren't putting yourself into too much trouble"

"Being Spider-Man isn't putting me into too much danger, I'm okay Evelyn. Really. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" I held out my closed hand with only my pinky extended.

He laughed. "Yeah, pinky promise," He said, looping his pinky around mine.

He pulled me in and kissed me before hugging me tightly again.