14

"Yeah, why?"

I leaned in and whispered to him. "Because I think that somebody spiked the punch"

"What?"

"Yeah, how much did you have?" I stood up straight, leaning away from him.

"Well, I was thirsty so I had a cup but then it just made me more thirsty-- probably because of the alcohol-- so I had more. In total though, I have no idea." He spoke quickly.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I feel fine actually"

"Okay, wanna go awkwardly dance to the point where it gets so embarrassing that we have to remove ourselves from civilization?"

"You come up with the strangest things. But yes, yes I do."

Before we danced I went and told a teacher that the punch was spiked and they removed the bowl, replacing it with more water bottles from the cafeteria. When I got back we danced until I noticed that Peter was looking a little dizzy. The alcohol was kicking in. By this point, we'd been at the dance for 35 minutes.

"Hey, let's go sit down" We walked up to the top of the bleachers and sat down, our backs against the cool stone wall. After a few minutes of laughing at the unique dance moves of our peers, Peter looked over at me.

"I'm sorry that I ruined your first school dance." He said making eye contact with me.

"No! You didn't ruin it! If anything you made it more interesting and memorable." I smiled. It was true, he didn't ruin it for me.

"You're not mad at me?" He looked surprised.

"For what? Getting accidentally drunk from punch at a school dance that you didn't know was spiked?"

"Well, when you put it like that... I guess it doesn't make sense."

We stayed for about a total of an hour and a half more but I didn't mind leaving so early, there wasn't much to do at dances anyway.

"Come on, you should go to bed, sleep this off."

"No, I can't go home, Aunt May will ground me"

"Even if it wasn't intentional?"

He paused. "Yeah," Liar.

"Okay, you don't have to go home, but you still have to sleep this off." Even though I knew he was lying, I didn't care.

"Where?"

♡♡♡

I put his arm around my shoulder and mine around his waist to casually help him walk out without others noticing. Even though I put his arm there I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach.

We walked the two blocks and I unlocked my front door, happy that my parents wouldn't be back until tomorrow night. I walked Peter up to my room and walked over to my bed. He sat down and started rambling.

"You're soooo niceeee" God he's drunk.

"Thank you," I said taking off his blazer and putting it down next to him.

"You're so pretty, you look really pretty. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen." He rambled on and I smiled. I knelt down on one knee and took off his tie for him, placing it on top of the blazer. I unbuttoned his shirt and slipped it off his arms. I walked into my closet and pulled out one of my oversized t-shirts.

I stood at my closet door for a moment, looking at him. Wow, Peter was kind of- shut up shut up shut up just stop thinking. I hate myself.

"Arms up," I said and he lifted his arms. I slipped the t-shirt over his head and pulled it down a little. "Take off your belt," I said. I didn't want to do it for him because it seemed really weird. I sat back on my legs and started to untie his shoes.

"Whyyyy" he said.

"Because, if you don't when you wake up your hips will feel bruised."

"Fineee" he took off his belt and then flopped on his back. I finished taking off his shoes and set them in the corner of my room.

"Stand up" Once he did I pulled down my covers so he could go to sleep. He laid down again. I put his shirt, tie and blazer on a hanger in my closet and got changed into my pyjamas in the bathroom. I ran downstairs and got him a glass of water. I put it on the nightstand next to him. "Do you need anything else?" I asked.

He looked me in the eyes. "You."

I laughed. "You're so drunk." I said still smiling. "Go to bed okay?"

"Okay," He said, closing his eyes. I put my dress on a hanger in my closet and closed the door and put my corsage into my special box on the top shelf. I laid down beside him and turned off the light on my nightstand. "Thanks for taking care of me, Evelyn."

"You're welcome, Peter." I said.

A few minutes later he spoke again.

"I think I'm in love with you." He said as he turned over, now facing my bathroom door. His eyes were still closed and he still seemed very drunk.

I froze when I heard what he said, my eyes wide, chest tightening and my stomach in knots.

I let out a quick breath "What did you just say?!" But he was already asleep.