Chapter 1: Goddess

'It hurts too much...'

'Why do I have to go through this?...'

'I wanna go outside and see the beautiful world again....'

Right now, I'm in a hospital bed, struggling to breathe.
My parents and my childhood friend, Aki, were sobbing alongside me. They can't bear the thought of me getting hurt.

Kenta Bernard is my name...

'Kenta...'

'Haa.... Kenta Huh.....

Kenta means "Healthy, Strong".....

Mom...Dad... You should not have given me this Surname

'Why did it have to be on my 12th birthday that I was diagnosed with Leukemia?...'

I've been diagnosed with leukemia for five years.

I get sick or get the chills right before my birthday. I couldn't even stand up on my own since I was so weak. My parents were worried about me, and all they could think was that I had a bad cold. The next day on my 12th birthday, I developed a nosebleed. I have frequent nosebleeds and am easily wounded or bleeding. I began to lose weight as well.

My parents were worried that this wasn't a sign of a bad cold. They were excited to celebrate my 12th birthday, but it turned out that the joy had vanished from my situation.

My parents drove me to the hospital and my parents and I where informed by the doctor that I had leukemia. My parents were crying so hard and I can't bear to see them like that.

I've been in and out of the hospital throughout the last six years. After I dropped out of university, I had a lot of visitors from my old classmates. The news of my leukemia diagnosis had begun to spread across the campus.

Yes, I was well-known as a genius and a singer.

The school's students took sympathy of me. Several of them started to cry...So said Aki, a childhood friend of mine. We shared a desk and shared a lesson. He excelled in sports as well as guitar playing. We constantly sing and play as a group.

'Anyway, I want to finish reading that novel....'

'Ha...'

'What was it called again?....'

'Oh right, "Betrayal"....'

'I haven't finished reading that.....'

I laughed weakly. My parents and a childhood friend both witnessed my laughter.

"Kenta, stop it! It's not amusing at all!" With tears in his eyes, Aki expressed his dissatisfaction with the situation.

'No, Aki, that's not what I was referring about....' I wanted to tell him that, but I couldn't bring myself to say it. It's quite difficult to take a breath.

"Please, please, please save my son!" To the doctors and nurses, my father said. Doctors and nurses are doing everything they can to save my life right now.... I have no idea what happened.... My parents, Aki, and I were discussing something about home and school, but I suddenly can't breathe. When they saw my condition, they were concerned and contacted the doctor immediately.

'ahhhh... I can't keep my eyes open anymore.... I'm to tired......'

"His heart rate is dropping!" I heard someone yelling, but I'm not sure who it was.

'Please accept my apologies, mom...dad... Aki.... I'm too exhausted... I'm tired and want to sleep.'

"Kenta! Please don't give up!"

"Kenta, stay with us!"

"Kenta, you need to open your eyes."

"Kenta!"

"Kenta!"

"Ken...."

"K......"

"......."

'It's quiet....'

'Where am I?...'

'Why can't I see anything even though I'm pretty sure I opened my eyes again?...' 

Suddenly, a light appears in front of me. I covered my eyes with my palms to keep the light from entering and It began to consume the blackness that was around me.

'White.......'

'Bright...'

'It's too bright..."

'My eyes hurt!....'

"Your finally here, my dear" I heard a angelic voice. I gradually lowered my palm, which had been concealing my eyes to avoid the blinding whiteness. The white was all around me, but my attention was drawn to the woman. A stunning woman. Her eyes were blue and her hair was blond. Her clothing was bright white and so eye-catching.

'A goddess' I thought

"Yes, I am the Goddess of Reincarnation. I reincarnate people who deserve a second chance at life, and it appears that you do—"

'She read my mind...' I thought with excitement

"Ummm Yes, I can read people's minds, my dear" says the Goddess.

'Ahem,' I swallowed my saliva and said, "Since you've stated that you're the goddess of reincarnation, let's go right to the point. So I'll be reincarnated, right?"

"Yes, you are, and it appears that you have earned it. You are a good child. I'll reincarnate you in a world you're already familiar with. I hope you can live the life you have always desired. Have a pleasant journey, my dear" She said and then another light appeared in front of me.

'It's too bright!'

To think I'll be reincarnate into a world I'm already familiar with... What could it possibly be?