Chapter 2.2 - Travel

The following day, a simple carriage was seen moving while already being encircled by trees. While holding the horse leash, Asher, who was pretending to be the carriage rider, was seated comfortably in front. Riko, who was dressed as a plain knight, was sitting next to him with a sword resting on his waist.

The Crown Prince himself gave Asher instructions in a letter that was delivered to Paladin to watch out for his brother and support Riko in case something harmful gets to him.

Hiroka was wearing only some basic royal attire and was also lounging comfortably inside the carriage. (picture above)

Lifting the curtain to his left, Hiroka looked out the window and, thinking the event had occurred early in the morning, he wore a sad expression.

Early in the morning, a servant was spotted loading the carriage with luggage. Since they have a long journey ahead of them, Hiroka must leave early.

Instead of taking a regular carriage, the King persuaded Hiroka to take Callisto's carriage. One knight, Asher, who was disguised as a carriage rider to protect Hiroka, didn't bother the King. The King trusted the judgment of his first son since he already knew that his son Haru had given the order and that Riko would defend his son Hiroka.

Hiroka, who had been persuaded by his father, simply refused to answer since he didn't want to draw attention to himself on the way to the academy. Simply glancing at their family's logo on the Callisto's carriage will draw attention, which gives Hiroka a headache and irritates him by disrupting his traveling peace.

His father then gave him a shoulder pat without trying to convince him anymore. Naturally, Hiroka smiled at him and gave his father a farewell hug, which his father returned.

Some of the servants in the background were sobbing and wished him a safe journey. Riko, who had protected their second prince for a year by staying at his side, was obviously remembered by the other servants. Riko and Asher were seated next to each other in the space where the carriage passenger would normally sit. Riko nodded as the servants approached him and urged him to travel safely and to watch out for their second prince. Despite Riko's lack of communication, the servants smiled at him. Although Asher was rather irritated by the gathering, he decided to keep quiet.

One of the other servants crying was Allea. She had the biggest impact. She was sobbing more than the others because she wouldn't be seeing her own master for several months. She was being comforted by Paladin, and there were also some knights surrounding Riko and Asher, telling them to protect the second prince. Only Asher gave them a glare that made it clear that he would protect Hiroka and Riko, who nodded in response. Given that they had become accustomed to it, the knights didn't mind their attitude.

Hiroka's father shed tears as well, but he suppressed them so that no one else saw him. Alfred anticipated the King's reaction when he saw his son leaving the house, but all he did was remain silent and display a dejected expression.

The King moved closer to Asher and Riko.
He said, "I'll entrust my son to you. Protect him at all costs," to which Riko and Asher saluted in a knightly manner.

As soon as Hiroka had finished saying his goodbyes, he finally entered the carriage. Asher began to release the horses, the carriage pulled away as palace people waved goodbye.

Going back to the present, Hiroka, Riko, and Asher had seen a variety of wild animals as well as numerous gorgeous landscapes. Boars, Deers, Wolves, and Foxes, but when they see the carriage that is larger than they are, they flee. However, occasionally there are certainly bold and courageous wild animals, like Boar.

The Boar attempted to assault their carriage, but Riko killed them instead.

Riko's year of training was definitely worthwhile. The Boars made Hiroka feel a little bad, but if you don't kill them, you'll be the one getting killed.