Chapter 28: Uniform

The servant has opened the door because The Crown Prince has permitted him to enter his office. Riko was the first to enter, followed by the servant.

When Riko entered, he noticed The Crown Prince had a bandage on his right cheek. He felt bad about inflicting such a serious wound on him. Riko then felt a presence to his right and turned to face it, where he saw Paladin...

Riko stared at Paladin, speechless. From head to toe, he was staring at him. The outfit Paladin wore today had left him speechless.

A dark blue uniform with gold alignment parts and blue jewels was sewn into the fabric. Riko is also unable to fully explain some of the designs. Riko had never seen a paladin in such a striking outfit. But as he watched more closely, he noticed that some people were dressed similarly around the gates and in the hallways.

Soon after, the servant who was guiding Riko bowed in front of The Crown Prince before leaving Riko, The Crown Prince, and Paladin alone.

Riko asked politely, "Your highness, you have called me?"

"Yeah, I did. I just want to give you something personal," the Crown Prince replied, nodding to Paladin. Paladin then took something from the side room desk and carried a folded dark blue cloth towards the Crown Prince's desk. The cloth was placed in front of The Crown Prince's desk by Paladin.

"What is that?" Riko asks, pointing to the desk cloth, but The Crown Prince simply motioned him to take it and see it.

Riko stepped forward and took the dark blue cloth from the Crown Prince's desk, unfolding it and being taken aback.

Riko recognizes the pattern right away. Riko shifted his gaze from Paladin's attire to the cloth he was holding.

"That's the Callisto knight's uniform," Paladin said, pointing to the cloth Riko was holding.

"That uniform represents power, integrity, security, and courage..." The Crown Prince paused for a few minutes as Riko looked up to him, before continuing, "Remember that you are a Callisto knight hired by us, Callisto's. As a Callisto knight, you should not be looked down upon. Callisto's family protects the human world. We've done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future. We'll fight against foes for those who remembered us, and we will spill the blood of those who laugh at us, so don't let others think we're a joke."

Riko was both silent and serious as he listened to The Crown Prince's statement. Riko was astonished, but his expression didn't reflect it.

Riko thought to himself, 'So this...Is the blood of the Callisto.' He felt some captain intimidating pressure around The Crown Prince, but he didn't back down. He had been feeling this pressure from him for the past two and a half months and had grown accustomed to it.

Riko returned his gaze to the uniform in his hands, clenching the cloth slightly before returning his gaze to The Crown Prince and responding confidently and seriously, "Yes sir."

"Oh, and you will be training with the other knights in the knight training ground starting tomorrow," the Crown prince added, smiling. "I will be busy until the end of the month, and I still have to prepare for my departure back to the Academy."

Riko nodded, and The Crown Prince motioned him to return to his room, to which Riko bowed before excusing himself to return.

Riko was nowhere to be found in the office as the door closed. "Let Asher be in charge of him to train," the Crown Prince said, looking at Paladin. "I'm sure he'll be glad to see and meet Riku."

"Is it alright Your Highness? Asher was a little irritated when he heard the news about your duel," Paladin replied tentatively.

"I'm sure it'll be fine; all I want is for Asher to recognize Riku's strength, and the duel between us yesterday was just an agreement if he was qualified to be there with my brother. If it were just a full duel without agreement and Riku was still unable to fully grasp the Mana flow, I'm sure I'd win; unless Riko has mastery over Mana flow, I'm sure I'd lose."

"Your highness, how did Riku learn the flow of mana so quickly?" Paladin asked. "I knew it took many years to learn and control the flow of mana in the right way in your body, and learning mana flow is usually risky and requires a lot of mana in the body."

"I believe my little brother told him his method of how to flow his mana in the body. After all, my little brother is smart, and I can't even compete with some of his knowledge with that brain of his. I'm sure you'll be surprised that my brother only took 2 months to learn mana flow when he was a kid," the Crown Prince replied, his hand on his head as if he had a headache, and Paladin was taken aback.

"I'm surprised, your highness; I knew The Second Prince knew the Mana flow, but I didn't think he learned it in two months," Paladin said, his face flushed with sweat.

"Exactly, it took me almost a year to learn the Mana flow," the Crown prince said, leaning on his chair and continuing to speak, "I have a feeling Riku is not a commoner but an aristocrat," he said.

The Crown Prince's statement caught Paladin off guard, but he quickly composed himself, asking, "Why did you think so Your Highness?"

"I felt a strong of Mana in his sword yesterday when we fought, it may not have been complete, but he was still able to take damage on me even though it was small but deep," the Crown Prince said. "But what I was focused on was about the amount of mana in his hands that tried to flow in his sword."

Paladin remained silent as he awaited The Crown Prince's next words.

"Well, it's just a possibility, but there's also the possibility that he's.....an Elf," The Crown Prince said, making the paladin's face and actions reveal his surprise.

"An Elf who is more attuned to nature can absorb Mana at a faster rate..." The Crown Prince paused for a moment, his face serious, before continuing, "Elves are loved by mana."