Chapter 2.67(M&S 3) - 2.68(M&S 4)

CHAPTER 2.67

The arena was alive with the sounds of clashing magic and the cheers of the crowd. The first matches had already begun, and the competition was fierce. The ground was alive with a dazzling display of elemental magic as wind and fire collided in spectacular fashion.

"What a day it has been!" Cynthia began, her tone filled with enthusiasm.

"Today's first-year competitors have truly set a high bar with their incredible displays of magic. Their strength, talent, and dedication are nothing short of remarkable."

In the opening match, two first-year students faced off, one wielding the power of wind and the other commanding flames. The air crackled with energy as gusts of wind whipped through the arena, meeting intense bursts of fire that illuminated the field with a fiery glow.

The wind user created a swirling vortex, aiming to extinguish the flames and disrupt their opponent's focus. In response, the fire user unleashed a torrent of flames, which blazed fiercely against the wind's force.

The arena became a chaotic battlefield of swirling wind and roaring fire, each contestant skillfully countering the other's attacks.

Hiroka watched with a mix of awe. The display of elemental magic was both beautiful and intense.

The wind user was pushed back, struggling to maintain their footing as the fire user's attacks grew more aggressive.

The swirling vortex of wind became increasingly unstable, unable to fully counter the intense waves of flames.

With a final, powerful surge of fire, the flames roared forward, forcing the wind user out of the arena's designated boundary. The wind user stumbled, their control over the vortex faltering as they crossed the line marked on the ground. The crowd gasped as the match concluded.

Professor Keda's voice cut through the commotion. "The match is over! The winner is decided!"

The crowd erupted into applause, acknowledging the fierce and captivating battle.

The defeated wind user student bowed respectfully to their opponent and exited the arena, visibly disappointed but composed.

The fire user student stood victorious, their chest heaving as they took a moment to catch their breath.

The rules of the competition are simple: if a competitor was knocked out of the line of the arena or defeated to the point that they got unconscious, they lost the match. This ensured clarity and fairness, with a clear, simple objective for all participants.

As the arena buzzed with energy from the magical duels, the attention of the crowd shifted to a different section of the competition: the swordsmanship battles.

Director Cynthia, standing at the edge of the arena, took note of the shift in excitement. Her voice, amplified by a magical enchantment, cut through the clamor. "It looks like the magical matches have concluded for now, and we're moving on to the fierce swordplay!"

Hiroka, initially focused on the magical matches, found his attention to the sword fighters. He was taken aback to see Kiyoshi in the first match, standing composedly in front of his opponent in the arena.

Director Cynthia's eyes widened in surprise and delight. "What's this? One of the sword competitors is truly putting on an extraordinary show!"

The crowd responded with enthusiastic applause, their cheers echoing through the arena. Kiyoshi's sword fighting technique clearly made his opponent have a hard time attacking back.

In the arena, Kiyoshi faced his opponent with a calm and focused expression. His red eyes locked onto his opponent, analyzing every movement and assessing their strength. He's relaxed and his stance is steady and controlled. The sword in his hand gleamed under the arena lights, reflecting his composed demeanor.