Chapter 17: History

I'm not sure whether what I wrote is right; I'm not very good at it. ╥﹏╥

_____

Hiroka's POV

The world used to be one long ago. Humans, Elves, Beasts, and Dwarfs own the land's surface; Angels own the heavens, and Demons own the underworld. Basically means, angels should not meddle from the Land's surface and the Underworld; Humans, Elves, Beasts, and Dwarfs should not meddle with the Heavens and the land of Demons; and Demons should not meddle with Humans and Angels.

Each race has its own form of magic. Humans have water magic, Demons have darkness magic, Angels have light magic, Elves have wind magic, Beasts have earth magic, and Dwarfs have fire magic. The races have something to do with the magic they're born with.

Humans, Elves, Beasts, and Dwarfs; Demons; and Angels were all terrible foes. A disagreement regarding who has the right to be the landowner. They utilized their own power to settle the imperial quarrel.

In the end, their wish was granted and the land's surface, heavens, and underworld were successfully divided into three. The sword that split the world was called "Sword of Sin," and it was produced by their own power. Bringing together the power of each race. But then they believed the split was successful, but by forcing the split, they created a horde of "Monsters of Darkness," an extremely strong monster with the strength of all six races.

Their world was in chaos. Each of the six races witnessed something they had never witnessed before. Monsters had infiltrated every land. It's referred to as a "Chimera," a hybrid monster.

Because of this cause, each race works together, even though they still don't like each other. However, this was quickly resolved when all six races reconciled.

Every month they battled, several of their allies were killed. Regardless of how they resisted it. It was much too powerful to deal with the hordes of Chimeras. It couldn't be defeated with just one power.

Then, as each year went by, they still couldn't kill it all, but each race came up with an idea. The six races each have their own culture and knowledge; they share their magic and study things in order to beat their enemy. They learned that their magic may still grow by sharing their knowledge. They dubbed it AEM, which stands for "Advanced Elemental Magic." Water may be advanced to Ice, Darkness to Shadow, Light to Illusion, Wind to Smoke, Earth to Metal, and Fire to Lightning.

With the advancement of their power. They gradually overcame Chimera. However, after ten months, they discovered that in order for the chimera to be extinguished, they must destroy the Sword of Sin. Destroying the Sword of Sin was difficult, and the only race that could take considerable harm were the Angels, who used light magic.

To completely destroy the Sword, all Angels must work together, and the other races must support the Angels. They weren't expecting the flashbacks when they smashed the sword. It detonated, killing everybody around in an instant. It was such a massive explosion that three races were completely wiped off. They were unable to protect themselves in a timely manner. Angels, Beasts, and Dwarfs were the races.

When the disaster was over, the remaining races got together and reconciled. Even after the Sword of Sin was destroyed, the world remained divided into three parts.

Light magic was no longer existent, but fire and earth magic were. Learning and wielding Light and Darkness was the most challenging.

With the flow of time, one human race gained the capacity to use Light magic. They were said to have received God's blessing. A sort of light magic that has the ability to heal any illness. Because of this, light magic became unique, and those who wielded it were the only ones blessed by a God who could help races stay healthy and safe.

_____

I sighed on my sit and put down the book I was reading. I was in a study room with a 30-year-old man. My personal tutor's name was Kenji, and he was assigned to me by my father a long time ago before I was poisoned. I was supposed to meet him that day, but due to my condition, it was postponed. Kenji was the best tutor and a far more intelligent man than the other experts.

Earlier, after Allea and Riku had departed, I walked directly to my room, but Alfred quickly informed me that I had a guest. While my brother was off training with the knights, my father introduced me to Kenji. Our first meeting was a little awkward, but after a few talks, we quickly became close. He was a thoughtful and caring man.

Right now, in the study room with this man. I was assigned a task to read or review the history. Even though I told him I already knew this, thanks to the original host memories. Even so, he insisted that I review since it was very important. I can't say I disagree with him; review helps us to transfer new information and abilities from short-term memory to long-term memory and then maintain them. Just as Mr. Kenji mentioned about me reviewing, several of the things I had absorbed in my brain were seriously lacking. If I disagree or refuse to do what he asks, the history of races that I know would be badly lacking in the future.

"Mr. Kenji, I'm done," I told him, who appeared to be reading a book as well. As an answer, he hummed and set his book down.

"Then, Is there any question?" he asks.

"Nope, I understand everything," I say, shaking my head. He was satisfied after hearing and seeing my reaction.

"Well, that's what I heard from the other teachers you've met, so it's as expected of the 2nd prince genius. Since I became your personal tutor, the teachers you've encountered have been envious of me," I laughed a little as he answered with a sweat drop on his forehead.

'Oh right, I forgot I have to ask him about something'

"Mr. Kenji, I have a question" Mr. Kenji glanced at me, confused at first, but eventually settled in with me.

"What is it?"

"Do the Demons and Elves still contact us, humans?"

"Hmm.." I heard him say as he cross his arms. "The demon races are still in contact with us, but the Elves....." Mr. Kenji didn't complete what he said since he was still thinking as if he didn't know.

"What about the Elves?" I asked

"You see, we somewhat lost contact with the Elves, and the path to their realm was blocked ever since your father became King at the age of 17," he explained.

'Blocked?'

"Mr. Kenji, why is it blocked?" I inquired, but he merely shrugged.

"No one knows, not even your father; they even developed a rumor that they must be terrified or dislike the new King since your father was sorta you know..." He didn't finish what he was saying and looked around to see if anybody could hear us. He approached me and whispered.

"After all, your father was a terrifying man." As he stated that, a little seat drop formed on my brow.

'Of course, rumors will form in this way.'

After all, when my father gets upset, he is really terrifying. A pair of ice-cold eyes that stare at you as if you were prey, ready to devour your flesh. He just resembles a lion. Just thinking about it made me shudder in my sit.