Chapter 2.27 - Club Application

The next day in Class 1-A, the class was energetic as usual. Mostly because they are bored and are waiting for their professor to arrive. The girls who like to gossip and the boys who like to brag about what happened yesterday. They've been waiting for the Hunt's results. Excitement, anxiousness, and even disinterest were evident.

"Lady Hotaru, who do you think will win the hunt?" Yui (Heroine), her deskmate, asked. Her name was Delia, and she was a daughter's knight working for a noble. She was able to enroll at the academy due to her talent with the sword, which her father had taught her.

Yui replied, "I'm not sure. I'm kind of nervous to hear the results," and then she turned to face Hiroka and Riku as Delia was still speaking to her. Delia failed to realize how little attention Yui was paying to her words.

Yui noticed Riku sitting at his desk with his head down. He is probably napping. Hiroka, meanwhile, has his head resting on his left hand and is reading a book.

Yui turned her attention to a few of the students in the room. At Hiroka, mostly guys and occasionally girls gave glimpse. His face and how gracefully he read drew them in. There were visible blushes. Yui lowered her head and averted her gaze.

"My Lady? Are you all right?" Delia was startled when she noticed her change in face. She had never before seen her in this way.

'Did I just say something incorrectly' She reflected as she looked at Yui's furious look, which looked as though she was preparing to stab someone.

As soon as Yui heard Delia's voice, her demeanor abruptly changed. I'm sorry if I scared you, but I just remembered something awful. I'm fine, Delia.

Delia, who overheard Yui saying her first name, had a sweet apology in her eyes. She blushes as Delia responds, "Y-You don't have to apologize, my lady. You didn't scare me at all." Her face lights up as she forgets everything that just happened.

The classroom door slammed open loudly. The sound startled everyone in the room, and they all gulped as they saw their professor enter as if nothing had occurred.

Riku was now fully awake, and Hiroka kept the book he was reading on the desk.

"Congratulations on your first Hunt experience yesterday; I hope you learnt something and used the lessons I had taught you up to that point," Professor Keda stated as he set the papers on the desk.

"In any case, I'll be handling this for you. Fill this out and make the right choice," Professor Keda said as he handed out a piece of paper with the words Club Application written in extremely large letters at the top.

When Hiroka noticed it, his eyes lit up.

One of the male students asked the professor, "Professor, what's that for?" Some of the other students agreed with him and were impressed by his courage in asking the professor the same question they had.

The professor responded as he began to hand them the papers, "Students in the academy are required to participate in club activities, which are for you to discover the things that you are good at and have fun with until you graduate from the academy."

Students began whispering to their friends next to them while the papers were being distributed in order to avoid upsetting their professor by being loud. As they scanned the list, they pondered quietly on what they might pick.

Hiroka carefully scanned the entire club list. The room numbers where the clubs are located were listed next to the club names. Swordsmanship club (room 10) was first on the list, then Tea Party Club (room 18), Art Club (room 3), and so forth.

'Gambling club-they have this?', Hiroka exclaimed while dripping sweat.

Continue reading- Hiroka was immediately drawn to the music club (room 39) at the end of the list.

Hiroka instantly filled it out and checked his excited word , Music club on the paper.

Hiroka sensed eyes on his paper. He noticed Riku looking through his application form when he turned to look at the person next to him. Hiroka glanced at his paper and saw that Riku hadn't yet completed it.

Hiroka questioned, "What's wrong?" but Riku didn't respond. He was pondering whether or not to pursue swordsmanship, but if he did, he would be unable to accompany and defend Hiroka after class. Only after class is scheduled for club activities. He was trusted by both the King and the Crown Prince to keep the Second Prince safe at all costs.

Riku's attention was drawn to Hiroka's words, "Riku, you know. You should choose what you like the most."

"If I make the same decision as you, then I'll have to-" Riku was about to finish when Hiroka interrupted, "Don't worry about me when class is over; I'll be inside the academy, nothing will happen to me. Don't worry about my brother and father; leave them to me explaining. You better make the decision you want to make, or you'll regret it."

After briefly glancing at Hiroka, Riku turned his attention back to his paper. He is helpless to argue with Hiroka back...Then

Filling out his form, Riku made sure to check the Swordsmanship club option.

When Hiroka saw it, he smiled at his choice, 'Looks like Riku and the Demon Prince will interact frequently from then on.'

"After class, pass your application to the dorm rooms of the clubs you've selected after you're finished," the professor remarked, organizing the papers on his desk.

The Professor proceeded as he adjusted his glasses with his left finger. "Well then, regarding of the Monster Exploration Hunt, the results has been made." The professor's words caused his students to begin talking among themselves without paying him any attention.

'I'm anxious to find out who will win.'

'Who knows?'

'I bet that my team won!'

'That's a lie, I saw your team just sit there and argue.'

'I'm reasonably certain that my team won.'

'No, it ought to be our team!'

Some of the students took a swallow and then quieted down. Observing several, extremely pointed low-earth magic above and to their right. willing to stab them.