Chapter 2.12 - Professor Keda

Now that it is high in the sky, the sun is fully beaming through the large window. Although the students can enjoy the view of the blue sky and fluffy, low-lying clouds outside their window to unwind, they could care less about such beauty right now.

Several students are already inside while they wait for the professor to enter. Students noticed two males outside the classroom door wearing a noble uniform, and whispers can now be heard within the classroom. The door was completely open, so some lucky student must have opened it and forgotten to close it. The two boys outdoors appeared to the students to be more attractive than the early-morning sky.

"Hey, look at them"

"I think my eyes are going to bleed by that handsomeness!"

Riku and Hiroka were the males being whispered about by their classmates, but they were preoccupied with finding their classrooms through the name plates and were unaware of it.

Hiroka stated, looking down through a piece of paper in his hands that said "1-A," then to the classroom nameplate next to the door in front of him, "This must be it."

The right side wing of the second floor of the Magical Academy building is located in the 1-A Classroom, which was almost at the end of the hallway. The classrooms for first-year students were on the second story, those for second-year students on the third floor, and those for third-year students on the fourth floor.

Riku followed Hiroka inside classroom 1-A after putting the piece of paper he was holding in his pocket in his pants. Riku had just closed the door. The students continued to glance at them as normal, whispering to one another while also scanning them for weaknesses to exploit. In addition, a girl sitting in the center of the second row also cast a glance their way while thinking about something.

At the very middle back of the seat, Hiroka and Riku were seated. It was a sizable classroom. Had a large blackboard in the front, three rows of long, curved classroom tables, and a chandelier at the center of the ceiling.

It was time for an adult to enter the classroom. a tall man with untidy-looking, long black hair that is tied back. He has a thin, barely perceptible beard on his chin. His eyes were also black with a spectacle sitting above his nose. He was dressed in typical noble attire, which was wrinkled. Without being correctly fastened, his tie was only resting on his neck. Looking through his look, it was like he didn't give a damn about his appearance. Students were too preoccupied talking to their friends to notice him when he arrived, but then...

*Bam!*

All of the students, including Hiroka, flinched at the sound of a loud slam, and the room fell silent. Students turned to look at the man standing on the small stage to their north and noticed his icy countenance. Hiroka had already seen him coming in but he didn't expect that he would hit the professor's table. The sturdy table had some large cracks in the middle and produced a fairly loud noise. Students who witnessed this shivered.

"I'm Ikeda Keda, your homeroom, and magic instructor, and I'd want to congratulate you on enrolling."

'Ikeda....Keda?!'

Hiroka was taken aback when he heard his name. Hiroka had no trouble recalling that name. He was aware that the homeroom teacher and magic instructor Professor Keda, who was standing in front of them, was the most dedicated, powerful, and skilled magician at this academy. Even if the students would ignore it, he will be the one to educate his class about Mana flow.

"Now then, I sincerely hope you all make it through my class."

"What does he mean by that?"

"I heard from some students that the last class he taught didn't last long, and many people were hurt or maybe even almost lost their lives,"

"Wha-"

Another slam was heard in the classroom as the class whispering resumed their silence. The professor's table had now been divided in half. Some students feared their homeroom teacher.

The professor continued as he adjusted his glasses with his left finger, which was already bent sideways over his nose, "If you want to survive in my class, I encourage you to zip that mouth." The table then immediately became firmly fastened as he abruptly raised his hands, causing a brown magic circle light to appear.

Students gasped in amazement as the professor repeated, "I despise talkers in my class."

***

"He's terrifying."

"Are all the professors at this school as frightening as him?"

"Perhaps there are teachers out there with loose screws in their heads."

Professor Keda was far gone from the classroom by the time the class was over, and the students went outside to get food from the cafeteria on the first level of the building.

Hiroka, who overheard several of his classmates as they passed by in the hallway, kept quiet alongside Riku.

Ikeda Keda was a terrifying person. Such a professor was never encountered by Hiroka in his life. When a classmate of Hiroka's refuses to pay attention or doesn't comprehend his lectures. He would randomly cast low-earth magic at a helpless, gullible student. Fortunately for them, the magic didn't pose a danger to their lives. The worst-case scenario would be a little cut that a nurse could treat in a few days.

The fact that Keda taught unexpectedly well made it worthwhile. Even young children could learn what he was teaching since it was so straightforward. Hiroka, however, had a different opinion after observing that several of his noble classmates had no understanding of his lectures at all. Is it that hard? It was only basic Mana theory. Even though nobility received private instruction in their mansions about these basics, commoners only recently heard about Mana. They were better than their more common classmates. They don't want to study, aren't they just lazy?

Hiroka was walking down the hallway and was about to turn left to head downstairs to the cafeteria to have his fill of food when he unexpectedly bumped into something hard. Riku's presence behind him saved him from falling on his butt.

As Riku assisted Hiroka in standing up correctly, Hiroka replied, "Thank you."

Looking up in front of him, Hiroka noticed a boy. He was nearly five inches taller than Riku, who was shorter than him. He has red eyes, pale skin, and completely black hair. According to appearances, he was a demon. He was dressed in a noble uniform. There was a "ding" in his brain as he now realized who he was, as evidenced by his appearance.

Kiyoshi de Ichiro, The Prince of the Demon Realm!

Later, for an unknown cause. As soon as he saw his handsome face, his heart began to skip a beat. Even though he first met this person today in this type of bumping scenario, he nonetheless had the impression that he had known them for a very long time.

Hiroka was pondering the reason behind his heart's unusual beat when he failed to notice that Kiyoshi, the Prince of the Demon realm, was staring at him with a surprised expression.